XVII

Achille gazes at the letter. He also looked at his mother, the messenger of the letter.

What a pitiful being.

He gazes at his pitiful mother. She wants them to be Lante's toys without even considering him or Roxanna's happiness.

He smiled, his usual innocent smile whenever 'Achille' faces his mother.

"Would mother be happy if Achille came?" he asked, acting like a puppy and smiling innocently.

Maria Agriche.

She plays no specific role in the novel, but she is a very dangerous woman.

Deon inherited her sadistic and obsessive personality traits. Maria is obsessed with Sierra in the same way that her son is obsessed with him. Mother and son want to see unusual expressions on their toy's face.

That demonstrates how astute both mother and son are.

"Yes!"

Achille was disappointed with Sierra. He thought the mother, whose trauma was losing her son, would be a good mother. He realized she was a disappointment.

It is no surprise that Lante considered her to be his trophy wife. Sierra, unlike Lante's sister, Maria, and the other concubines, was a submissive one. One who would do all his wishes and one who would be happy even if she was abandoned.

"I shall prepare for the tea party then, Mother!" he happily said and left.

He should prepare for the worst-case scenario of a bitch with no sense of morality.

.

.

"Oh my! Young Achille!" Maria giggles.

Maria was standing half-naked in front of him and Sierra. He braced himself, acting normally and usual, without hint of arousement. Knowing Maria, she would probably want to change really pretty in front of Sierra.

He was calmly looking at Maria until he noticed the lifeless gazes of bleeding corpses. The peached skinned dakr haired maid with a slit eyeball was looking at him.

She's changing in front of eight bleeding corpses. The blood was spilling onto the marble floor, creaking puddles that he and Sierra had to tiptoe around, but Maria was even walking on those puddles barefoot.

Even if it's not his bedroom, isn't it kind of weird that she's changing in front of six corpses.

But she is still Lante's most favourite wife.

Achille decided to learn more about her after noticing how underappreciated she was in the novel. Deon is not saying anything to him, so that was his only option. Maria wields considerable power within the family and was in charge of all Special Exams. She is the most perilous woman in the house.

Even if Lante favours him by being his doll, the favour he receives pales in comparison to Maria, who is the exact embodiment of this family.

She established the internal rules of the family.

That is why the original Achille died. Not because of incompetence, but because Achille could not even kill his own sister, let alone the children in the hallucination room.

Even better, this woman was so fascinated by the unusual that she had eight corpses in her room to begin with. She is forcing them to kill each other. It's the most logical thing in his mind right now.

Lante desires the best Agriche who can be his strongest pawn.

That's why Deon became his favourite among all his children.