CHAPTER 7

"You guys can take the car and go home. I need to go somewhere important." Fiona said with her hands in her pockets. It was now evening. "I'm going with you." Sunghoon stepped up. " Sunghoon, you don't have to."

" The policies say otherwise." Fiona sighed. "Fine. Here, catch." Fiona said throwing the keys towards Jake. "We will take a taxi, you can take the car."  They nodded and went on their way. "I'll get a taxi." Sunghoon soon found a taxi they could take.  Both of them were silent.

Eventually, they reached a house. It was a large mansion with white and grey theme. Beautifully designed with a garden, lights, and a pool. "Ryan must be home." 

"Who are we visiting?" Sunghoon asked, following Fiona in the house. "House of a very precious one." Fiona rang the bell and a young man opened the door. He had slightly curled black hair, his eyes were ocean blue and his jaw was molded into a gorgeous V. His skin was fair and clear, his cheeks were fluffy and prominent; he was the definition of beauty.

As soon as he diverted his eyes from Sunghoon to Fiona, his face lit up and an angelic smile appeared. "Big sis!" He leaped and squeezed Fiona. Their hug was sweet and warm. "Been 3 years, thought you'd miss me." Fiona said still hugging him. They pulled away after a good minute. "Ryan, this is Sunghoon. My manager. And Sunghoon, this is Ryan."

"Nice to meet you." Ryan extended his hand for a handshake which Sunghoon accepted. "Same here." 

"Big sis, you here to meet me?" 

"Uhh...Actually...No—I mean I'm happy to meet you but...The real reason I came here was mom. It's been so long." Ryan nodded with a smile and led them to a room beside the staircase. "Sunghoon, you wanna come in?"

"If you're okay with that."

"Come inside, then." Fiona opened the white door and entered the dark room. She turned the lights on and closed the door. "Who are we gonna meet?"

"Memories of a dead one." Sunghoon's facial expression changed instantly. "Who is that?" He asked when he saw Fiona picking up a small photo frame of a lady and two children; a girl and a boy. The lady resembled Ryan in many ways. Her eyes, lips, hair, and even her body shape were similar to Ryan's. "This lady is Ryan's mother...And my second mother. Her name was Cordelia Valerie. She was the one who took care of me since the day I was born. But...She died when I was fifteen and Ryan was eight."

"A great woman, indeed."

"She used to cuddle me to sleep when I was scared at night. Those fifteen years...Were the years when I slept peacefully. And the first time being alone was with you."

"Was she your aunt or...?"

"A neighbour. A very precious one." Fiona kept looking at the photo frame in her hands with a smile on her face. "People have two faces, don't they?" Fiona said still in the same position. "Right now, I have two parts. One is smiling in memories while the other one is shaking in sorrow." Sunghoon's eyes immedietely went to her hands; they were shaking. "You can never hide your other face. Your face may show a smile but your other face will be shown by your body language. "

"Your hands are shaking. You need to relax."

"They will always tremble at her thoughts, the only person who told me she loved me. How can I not tremble after losing her."

Sunghoon went silent after that and just watched her. Fiona put the frame back and stood up. She walked towards the wardrobe and opened a drawer. It was empty, nothing inside it. Fiona sighed and closed the wardrobe.

"Let's go." Fiona said walking towards the door. "Already?"

"I might lose the conscious I've build up if I stay longer."