CHAPTER 2

"I'm Park Sunghoon"

"That's a beautiful name, Mr. Park. Anyways, nice to meet you. I hope we get along."

"Hmm"

Things were getting awkward as none of them said anything. Fiona couldn't bear such awkwardness so she decided to say something.

"Umm, how about...we go inside and talk about business?"

Sunghoon only nodded his head at her as she took out her key card and went inside followed by the young man. Fiona set her things on the couch and immediately collapsed. But then she remembered that there was a man she needed to handle. Sighing, she got up, sat properly, and looked at the man who was seated in front of her. Clearing her throat, she starts to speak.

"So...how much do you know about this job?"

"Enough to satisfy you."

Even though he spoke in a monotonous tone, Fiona's mind couldn't behave as her cheeks turned pink. Sunghoon noticed that and raised his brow at her. She cleared her throat and spoke.

"Sorry about that. Do you have my schedule?"

"I do"

"Okay..."

Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it.

"You're not really the type to be in a conversation, are you?"

This only made the man raise his eyebrows at her again. Noticing this, she groaned and covered her face. "I have a favor to ask. May I?"

"Go ahead."

"Can you talk more when you're with me? I'm not saying to like completely change yourself. Of course, you won't do that for me but only when you're with me—"

"I'll try"

Fiona just blinked at him in disbelief. "Seriously?" 

"What?"

"I literally just said to talk more when you're with me."

"And I said I'll try."

Fiona deadpanned the man who was not interested in having a conversation. Sighing, she gave up and melted on the couch. Sunghoon only looked at her with no emotion. Fiona sighed and stood up. "I'll go take a shower. Wanna eat something?"

"No, I'm good."

"If you get hungry then feel free to go in the kitchen and get yourself some food. I take a lot of time to shower so you might get hungry."

Sunghoon nodded while Fiona walked into her room to take a shower. She turned on the shower and the warm water hit her body. Fiona stayed in the water for quite a while before taking the body wash and washing her body. She watched as the makeup on her body washes away and reveals all the bruises on her shoulder, arms, and back. 

Smiling at the cuts and bruises on her body, accepting her fate and life, accepting the way of life, and knowing that no one can help her get away from this misery. Her hope died down but she had to keep living because, without her, her family would be in misery. Her mind went to a memory as she closed her eyes, remembering the most worst and magical moment of her life.

FLASHBACK

Fiona, as a little girl, was at the riverside playing with the fish while her family were preparing a campfire. Fiona and her family were out in the forest camping. While she was bent over and gave the small fishes some bread crumbs, her brother sneaked behind her and pushed her into the river. A scream left her mouth but even her family, who saw her fall, didn't do anything.