SEVENTEEN

"You got to be kidding me." Zoro nudges Shiori, motioning to the poster in front of them, "that clown was worth fifteen million berry. We should've stuffed his head in a bad and brought it with us."

"That's kind of ironic actually because in a few episodes-"

"What Marine would pay you that bounty anyway?" Luffy is lying on the floor with his arms behind his head, acting as if them attempting to find a better ship was a vacation. Shiori is annoyed she was cut off by the boy and kicks his head, accidentally knocking his hat off making the captain glare at her. "You're kind of a wanted man yourself now."

"Hm." Zoro wants to deny it, but can't, "didn't think of that."

"Don't worry Z.. Zorie.. Zed.. Zoro," Shiori gives up on attempting to create a nickname and moves on to the point she's trying to make, "we all have a different role in the crew, and unluckily for you, the smart role was already taken when you got here buddy!" The girl shrugs and feigns pity, pointing to herself when saying 'smart role'.

Zoro stares at his friend, then throws a fake punch at her, to which she jumps back and apologises for her mockery.

Throughout their conversation, Luffy has been trying to backwards roll into standing up, not wanting to do it the basic, albeit simple, way. He eventually succeeds, jumping up like it was an easy task for him. "All the more reason to get to the Grand Line. Fresh start!"

"Right." Zoro's hoarse voice makes it difficult to understand him.

"What?" Shiori scrunches her face, half confused on what he said and half confused if the boy makes his voice raspy on purpose for intimation tactics or if it's naturally like that.

"I said right." The swordsman raises his voice a bit.

"Yeah I can't really understand you either Zoro." Luffy shrugs, making the green haired repeat himself yet again, this time again a bit louder than the last.

"Right!"

"Ay?" Dumbfounded looks are exchanged between Shiori and Luffy.

"I said RIGHT!" Zoro shouts, moving his face closer to the other two so they can hear him better, and also in rage, although only a few inches closer.

Shiori's eyes widen, and she takes a step back, "Okay, okay.. no need to get angry."

"What's his problem?" Luffy sends a glare to his angered crew mate, turning around to walk off with Shiori.

"I don't know man." The two strut away, although not too far as Nami makes her way out of a set of doors, the map still protectively in her hold.

Everyone's mood immediately changes, going from annoyance to hope. "Hey! You got us a whip?"

"Why would we want a whip?" Shiori's face regains confusion, except this time, it's because of Luffy.

"It's slang for ship. You're obviously not as down with the kids as I am I guess." The captain states, waving his hand in a shooing motion.

"We are kids." The girls eyes shoot left and right awkwardly, as if breaking this news was the most horrible and pressuring thing she could do.

"Erm- working on it, getting a ship I mean. Did you push the sloop out to sea like I told you?" Nami's natural leadership is overtaking her.

At this point, Shiori gives up trying to understand her friend's conversations, shaking her head "Why is everyone using slang today?"

"Yeah. No marines are gonna be following us here." Luffy states, proud of his accomplishment of his easy job.

"Well, we're not gonna be here for very long. Turns out Syrup village is known for their ship building. Lots of options." Nami smiles, looking forward to the new opportunities that await.

"Well what are we waiting for then?" Excitement surges through Luffy's body, and he drags Shiori behind him, quickly ditching her because her limp was slowing him down.

"What a bi-" a lady walking by with her child sends Shiori a glare, causing the girl to rethink her insult, "what a shithead!"

She walks back to Zoro, who wasn't far since Luffy had ditched her so early.

"Stupid clown." He mutters, scrunching up the poster they were earlier looking at. The swordsman then saunters off, leaving Shiori in the dust and to walk by herself since she's not able to catch up.

The girl walks slowly, head down to the floor, when Zoro jogs back to her and puts her arm around his shoulders, helping her speed up a bit.