TWENTY-EIGHT

"This is literally how all horror movies start.." Shiori whispers, sticking to Zoro like glue.

"No, this is after the opening. The trigger to the apocalypse." Usopp walks like a ninja, then suddenly screams.

His scream causes a chain reaction, Zoro screaming leading to Shiori screaming.

"Only joking!"

"Fucking bellend." Zoro is annoyed, probably because his masculinity momentarily cracked.

The three finally entered a room, bottles of alcohol covering the walls.

The swordsman forgets his prior emotions, an excited grin coating his features, "now we're talking."

The group separate, each going to a different area, and examining the vast number of wines.

Shiori looks through all the dates on the labels, not finding anything else interesting, but is interrupted not long after.

"Hey, I'm pretty sure they keep the good stuff over here. Oh!" The impact Usopp makes with the floor sends an echo throughout the brick walls.

"Are you good, Sniper?" Shiori hurriedly goes to the boy, but stops in her tracks at the sight she sees. "Z-Zoro?"

The green haired eyes his friend, but remains by the wines, not having a real reason to part with them so soon.

"It's- it's Mary. He's.. dea-" Usopp's unsteady breaths make it hard for him to speak, the impact the sight has on him is visible.

Hearing the last word, Zoro hurries towards his companions, only to see a lifeless corpse disposed on the floor, partially hidden by shadows.

He wastes no time in searching for the cause, and when pulling Mary's blazer aside, multiple stab wounds are revealed.

"Five blades. I think I've seen this before."

The silence that follows makes it easier to hear the quiet whimpers coming from behind. The two boys turn their heads to find out why, but their answer is given to them swiftly.

"Well, well, well."

Klahdore's knuckles are equipped with blades, one of which is pointed directly underneath Shiori's throat. "It appears we have some rats in our cellar."

Usopp scrambles away, trying to put distance between him and the weapons. Zoro however, slowly rises to his feet, his suspicions of Klahdore having been confirmed by the dead body making the situation less surprising.

Luckily, the butler misses the worry than shines through Zoro's eyes when seeing Shiori trapped.

"Those blades. I knew I'd seen your face somewhere. On a wanted poster. You're Kuro, Captain of the Black Cat Pirates."

"I love cats! Please don't kill me." Shiori's shaking is enough for the blade to nip at her skin, drawing a small amount of blood.

"Wait, Klahdore's a pirate?" Usopp is confused, rather than scared, at this point.

"A dead one. They say you were killed by Axe-Hand Morgan." The swordsman's voice is steady, yet his mind is exploding with different emotions, mainly worry for his captive friend, as Kuro's intentions are unknown.

"A clever ruse. One that imbecile's who helped me perpetuate." The Black Cat captain shoves his captive to the side, causing her to trip and stumble to Usopp.

The boy wraps her in his arms, keeping her in place, as they both watch the fight that will inevitably unfold.

"And as you'll soon learn." The only sound interrupting Kuro's speech is Zoro's swords scraping their cases as he pulls them out. "No one interferes in my plans."

"So I will collect a bounty tonight." The straw hat pirate attacks, the fight seeming a fair one.

That is until, Koro suddenly disappears from sight, leaving the green haired stood in place, dumbfounded.

"Uhh." one of the maids grunts, pointing towards the doorway, the opposite way the younger trio are facing.

The group turn around, being greeted by the sight of the formerly disappeared pirate.

"Maybe Luffy wasn't so wrong choosing team Jacob." Shiori mutters, making Zoro's glare harden, if that's even possible.

The fighter pulls out two swords, slowly nearing his opponent. The other two watch tensely, Shiori not being able to help after having left her Kusarigama in her shared room. For once she's grateful of Zoro's attachement to his weapons.

Just when the fight looks like it's about to commence, the blue haired maid smashes a glass object on Zoro's head, the damage causing him to drop to the floor, unconscious.

Surprised, Usopp gasps, but Shiori is angry, not liking seeing her friend hurt.

The two maids hiss, lunging straight for the younger duo.

Usopp runs towards one of the windows, hoping he can climb through them despite their slim structure. Shiori runs to the entrance they came through, dodging Kuro's figure and dashing up the stairs.

"Oh crap. Oh crap. Oh crap." The terrified girl whispers to herself, getting lost without a guide.

Eventually, Shiori makes it outside, wanting to get as far away as she can from the murderers she encountered. A tall object blocks Shiori's way, causing her to fall to the floor, expecting death any second.

"Yori!" The figure whisper shouts, quickly pulling her up and dragging her with him.

The duo run through the streets, banging on doors and hoping anyone will come to their aid.

Shiori goes on the opposite side of houses, yet still on the same street as Usopp, to try cover more space.

An old woman opens one of the doors, but before Shiori can start explaining, the lady starts shouting incoherent words. She then stops, looking Shiori up and down, "Yori? God was the town glad when you left. Too bad you didn't take that loon with you!" She then slammed the door, Shiori turning around to see Usopp having a much more violent experience than she.

The situation feels hopeless, the duo sit themselves on the floor, crestfallen.

Usopp starts mumbling quietly, hiccuping every few words from his tears, "the pirates are here. They really are." Shiori lends her hand to the boy, who uses it to wipe his eyes and nose, "why won't anybody believe me?"

A shadow covers them, prompting them to look at what was in the way of the light.

"I believe you." The marine's eyes held hope.

"Koby?" Shiori starts crying too, the emotions overwhelming. The pink haired bends down, hugging his pirate friend with a smile, both having missed the other.

A/n genuinely did anyone else think Koro was a vampire when he started teleporting and all that

this picture is so PSICYXUSUSIIWJWJWKK DUJUWJJDJEJKWKWJDIDWJJWJDKSKWKSKFJEJQBANKSODKWOIWJDJJEJWUDOQPKQJANXHCJBRHWKQOXJDIWLPWJDJDJDOWKWKWO