TWENTY-NINE

"So this pirate butler, he killed your friend's lawyer, and now he's threatening to kill your friend too?" Koby tries to get all the information he can, finding the situation bizarre and unheard of.

"My best friend, Kaya. He must be up to something, I mean, what kind of person pretends to be a butler anyway?"

While Usopp and Koby converse ahead of them, Shiori attempts to have a conversation with Helmeppo, who so far is failing to give her a reply.

"Lovely weather, huh?" The blonde side eyes her, then scoffs, speeding up his steps.

"Ay-yo? Erm, okay NCT. Please talk to me though, if you're offended about my earlier actions, I didn't mean to laugh at your hair! It was Luffy.. that bitch. Right?" Once again, Shiori is ignored, although this time Helmeppo doesn't spare her a glance.

The boy eventually speaks up, but not to her, "You're not actually buying any of this, are you?"

"Well, im telling the truth! Klahdore is a pirate. No, sorry, Kuro!" Usopp is nervous the helpers he finally got will abandon him, "his name is Captain Kuro."

"Ha! Now I know you're lying. Captain Kuro of the Black Cat Pirates?" Helmeppo storms towards Usopp, making him cower.

"Yes! Long claws, tiny glasses."

"Impossible. My father, Axe-Hand Morgan, killed him years ago." The blonde turns to his partner, "any marine worth their salt knows that."

"That's apart of his plan! He wants you to think he's dead!"

Shiori's attempt at convincing him is heard by deaf ears, as he marches ahead, muttering to himself. "No closer to finding Straw Hat than we were hours ago."

"Straw hat? You mean Luffy?" Usopp questions.

"Wait. You know Luffy?"

"Fuck you mean? Last time you saw me, we were with him." Shiori's flabbergasted expression is ignored.

"Yeah my other, other best friend. He's in trouble too." Usopp and Koby sound like they've just discovered a new element, amazement in their tones.

"Whatever. Zoro's my best friend anyway- oh shit! Never mind." Shiori mumbles to herself, then remembers the shocking event that recently took place and how Zoro is most likely 😵☠️🪦.

Koby tries to confirm the statement, not believing it, even though Shiori is right fucking there, holy moly, "Luffy's at the place you're taking us too?"

"Bruh." The girl finds it hard to remain with these people, wanting to go find Nami so they can paint their nails together.

"Yes! Aren't you listening to me? Someone has to stop Kuro. Shiori and I can't do it by ourselves!" Usopp starts to get angry, just wanting the bad guy to be defeated.

"It's okay. We're here to help." Koby turns to his fellow Marine, "isn't that right?"

"Well, yes. By all means. Lead the way." Helmepoo's voice is sarcastic and mocking, but Usopp resumes his hike up the steep path, the others following in tow.

"C'mon mirror man."

"You don't mean-"

"Zoro told me. Man, I miss Zoro."

A/n idk if anyone will agree but does anyone else think Helmeppo is actually pretty attractive???? Like ignore his hair and he's pretty wowza