Chapter 11: Movement of Gambler Mine

Cal sat up, everything around her was different, "things are actually clean." She giggled and for the first time it didn't hurt. That's when she noticed, things are packed she is in different clothing and she has a wristband like Recke. "I'm going too..."

        "You were right," Recke rolled over and stretched. "You are the LU-1, and I am probably getting a promotion." He sighed letting the annoyance of that thought pour off him. "I don't want a promotion, but one thing you will learn very quickly is that as a jumper... your life is decided for you."

       "Is there a couple things I can insist on us bringing?"

       "As in?" Recke sat up revealing the fact that he had been sleeping only in his boxers.

       "There is a couple statues that when I was in high school I raised a lot of money to get installed, they are too celebrate Native Tribes, I don't think they will keep them up with everyone gone."

      "You're right and your dad already thought of that, they were moved ahead while you were asleep, along with a couple more housing developments and half a forest. Apparently he and Brick are readying for a large boost in population and wanted to make a couple of people back here hurt more. So he's blowing up parts of the town and forest."

      She smirked, impressed "There is the volcano now so they have an explanation, what about the ruins?"

     "Moved, as with the abandoned factory, the partially built mall" he laughed "that one pissed people off...and the old school houses, that were set for demolition." He laughed "I'm wondering what he's going to tell us to send next."

     "Seeds, farm animals, I mean from the sounds of it everything needs to be rebuilt so maybe a barn or two and some fields. There are several farms out the old highway. One of them is owned by that family. Hey, ever thought of going back and sending trees and forests ahead that have been made extinct."

      Recke laughed maniacally "We haven't thought of sending trees and forest ahead, that's why your Dad is giving them hell... and the barn thing is going to make Midnight so very happy to hear." He stretched again "as it turns out, whenever they wanted someone or something to disappear that would expose them they just dumped it into the mine. That is the real reason why some parts were sealed and considered to toxic to enter. Tahk and Midnight are still trying to figure out what to do with the bodies they've found."

       "Put them in the ground at their Pine Road estate, they donated it to the city as a museum. They're starting some renovations in a few weeks and will need to dig. Plus they are putting in a garden maze, and need to dig up a vast area."

        "That fails to pass, it doesn't happen any of that." He ran his hands through his hair and yawned.

        "So make it happen..." she shrugged "I mean you know why it didn't..."

        "Funding..."

       "Why don't we set it up so that the funds left behind in accounts are to be donated to the community education board. They are the people pushing for the museum."

       "You're brilliant." He smiled "any more ideas?"

       "Maybe you can request a recon team." She smiled at his confused expression "a team that goes through time to rebuild the future instead of constantly fighting to alter it from the past." She thought for a moment "by doing it that way, does that mean none of it will vanish?"

       "That is a very good point... and yes, things brought forward then exist outside of time like jumpers do. Doesn't matter how the fuck they are moved through the timeline, the items are safe once at the base, and doing it a certain way it doesn't break any rules." He stood up "excuse me I need to contact Brick now."