Prologue

You and Wally used to be best friends all throughout school.You always liked him but never said anything. In high school you started to drift apart due to your dream jobs being different. Wally wanted to run a factory that would change the world. And you wanted to be a writer. During college you met who you thought was your soulmate but he was abusive to you so you broke up with him and reported him to the police. He ended up in prison for 3 years. Being a writer wasn't everything you thought it would be. Too many deadlines, stress, typos, etc. You also didn't like your boss, so you left. You went a while without a job when you ran into Wally. "Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you," you say as you clean up the things you were carrying as well as his stuff.
"It's ok I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."
You recognized the voice and looked up to see Wally.
"Oh my god... Wally? Wally Darling?"
You caught him by surprise and it took him a moment to realize it was you.
"Wait... Y/N!?"
"Oh my god! Hi! Jeez it's been so long since I've seen you last. How have you been?"
You guys caught up after all these years. Wally followed his dream of running a factory and was fairly successful. You told him about how you quit your job, how you didn't like your boss and how no one else would hire you for some reason. So Wally offered you a job at his factory, as his assistant. You accepted his offer and started working the next day.