Chapter 40: Still Bad off

Eight days later

"Hey, Sunflower? Are you feeling better today?" Helbram asks with a soft voice.

"...Mmm..."

"Sorry for waking you up."

"Helbram...?" I mumble.

"Good morning." He smiles softly.

"...Morning..." I mumble, he runs his hand through my hair but stops on my forehead before sighing and continuing.

"You still have a bad fever. That stupid human was probably wrong." He shakes his head. "Being in cold water all week probably made you sicker... I'm gonna kill him." He clinches his teeth.

"Hey, calm down." I mumble as I cup his face. "If my fever gets too high it can cook my brain... That'd kill me..."

"..." He looks away. "Can't you activate your demon powers? Demons have regeneration."

"I don't have the strength. I'm sorry." I mumble before rubbing my face.

"Don't be sorry." He sighs. "Is it possible for a druid's powers to fix it?"

"Yeah, it could even be possible for King... Harlequin to fix it with Pollen Garden but..."

"Okay!" He says before quickly taking off.

"..." I sigh. "...Idiot..."

...

"I'm back!" Helbram says as he lands on the branch. "I got..." He pauses as he sees me passed out, Helquin cuddled up to me. Helbram smiles softly. "Can you try it?"

"Yeah of course I can." King says as he moves his hand around. "Form Eight, Pollen Garden." Helbram watches anxiously to see if my breathing will calm down... But...

"Ha... Of course... That'd be too easy for the annoying human..." Helbram slowly walks over to me and sits down.

"Helbram?"

"I don't get it... I know humans are weak but... She isn't fully human... How could some cold get the better of her...?" Helbram pulls his knees up to his chest and hugs them. "I don't..."

"..." King looks away before taking a deep breath and walking over. "She's strong, she'll be fine, we just have to help her a little bit. I hate that we don't know where Hendrickson and Elizabeth are, they could help." King sighs.

"Hendrickson... if she dies, he'll kill me."

"She won't die, Helbram."

"..." Helbram buries his head in his arms.

"Can you two shut up." I mumble, making both of them jump.

"I-I'm sorry!" King shouts.

"I'm getting bored." I say as I struggle to sit up.

"Hey, you should be resting." Helbram says as he goes to push me back down, but Helquin bites his hand. "Ow! Damn dragon."

"Well, if you're over here thinking I'm dying, I've got to prove you wrong, right?" I smile even though my body is screaming at me to lay back down. I feel so fatigued, but I haven't done anything to be sore.

"Fairy King Harlequin! Helbram!" Ende says as she flies over.

"Ende?" Helbram tilts his head.

"Ende is something wrong?" King asks.

"No, not at all! But everyone including the humans and giants are gathering, I think you three should join us." She smiles.

"Sorry, Ende. I'm not leaving her." Helbram says as he looks at me.