Chapter Fifteen: Childhood Fiona

After the Natalie situation, all her friends including herself were on edge. Especially Tyler and Anthony who had also freaked themselves out and claimed they heard things upstairs while washing dishes. Must’ve been some scare considering the screams and shattered plates.

Fiona had never heard the voices directly, but she felt them. They were put into her mind in a way. Images too, which was how she knew that the wedding dress was meant to look a certain way.

She also knew the painting meant something, she just couldn’t put her finger on it. But, she had noticed Lilith and Rowan had added an extra touch to the dress. Dried blood. Rusty red, poured all over from head to toe only leaving some patches white. It strongly reminded her of Carrie.

For some reason, Rowan and Lilith had taken a liking to her, she’d noticed they always tried to talk to her whenever they could. It was beginning to freak her out but she couldn’t tell her friends, they were frightened enough.

Fiona let out a loud sigh and tossed and turned uncomfortably in the bed. She’d been lying awake for hours, unable to sleep. The mattress and blankets felt heavenly, yet she just couldn’t relax her mind enough to sleep. Images raced through her mind faster than the speed of light. Some nice, some bad.

She groaned again, and turned her head to the other side, eyes glued to the only corner with the candle lighting the shadowy walls.

She’d never felt the feelings she felt while in the house before, comforted yet frightened at the magnificence.

Groggily, she glanced back at the corner and quickly snapped awake at who stood there.

The couple from earlier was there, whispering to each other in the candlelight, the abrasions still clearly on their necks.

Fiona couldn’t wrap her head around who they were or why they never interacted with the others, it was as if they were invisible to them. She felt like she was the only one who had noticed and analyzed them. They never did usually see her staring which she found weird, she always noticed when others stared at her.

She couldn’t hear words, but she could hear their mumbled whispers as they spoke to each other, and she could see the woman nodding softly after the man spoke. Slowly, she locked eyes with her, both of them looking surprised and a tad worried. 

Slowly, the woman pointed towards Fiona and the man beside her slowly looked. She only had one thought at that time, run.

She leaped out of bed, tearing down the hallway and up the stairs hearing the soft patter of footsteps behind her. There was something off about that couple, something in plain sight yet it seemed so far away. She knew not to scream, the group had enough drama with Natalie, Anthony and Tyler today they didn’t need her craziness.

Quickley, she dashed through the upstairs halls as beads of cold sweat formed on her forehead, looking behind her occasionally to see the couple rushing behind her in concern.

She kept her stare behind her, not paying attention to where she was walking until suddenly, she was hit with a wall and fell to the floor.

The room spun and voices echoed as she lay unable to move in a daze. The blurred faces of the couple stood over her. She tried to push them away but her arms wouldn’t listen. Her terror grew as the woman knelt down beside her, and placed an ice cold bony hand against her face, and opened her mouth.

“Fiona.”