Balloon looked at Bot, who looked at Nickel. He tapped Bot on the shoulder.

"Hey, can you go get the thermometer out of the bathroom, please?" Balloon asked

"sure!" they said happily. they un extended their legs and ran in to the bathroom, running out with the thermometer about, what, 30 seconds later? Balloon doesn't know, he wasn't really keeping track.

"here." they said, handing Balloon the thermometer.

"thanks."

Balloon gently slipped the thermometer into Nickel's lighty opened mouth. He and Bot waited a few seconds before removing it at the signal of the beep.

"mm. 101F." Balloon sighed. he set the thermometer down on an dresser by their bed. He tapped Bot on the shoulder.

"hm, yeah?"

"could you go get a cold cloth?"

"okay!"

Bot walked into the bathroom and grabbed a cloth, running it under some cold water. They rung it out before bringing it to Balloon.

"Thanks."

He laid the cloth over Nickel's forehead. He hopped off the ladder.

"where are you going, Balloon?"

"We just need to let him sleep for a little. besides, you still need to eat breakfast."

"oh, right! i forgot."

"it's okay. when he wakes up we'll give him medicine and soup."

The two walked out of the cabin, both praying Nickel wouldn't wake up before they returned.