𝑿𝑿𝑰. ☁️

Godbrand had been on his way back home, thinking of nothing more than reuniting with Oriana and Xavier.  The night was quite beautiful and breezy, filled with lights emanating from neon signs.  They reminded him of a time where he wanted own a simple food stand and live a simple life like some of the other demons in Antonello.

But, that was years ago.  Fate saw to it that he'd become a magistrate of the province he'd grown up in and he'd deal with criminals and angels who accidentally committed crimes and other angels who have no regard for anyone or anything. 

"So nice out here," he said quietly.

"I know, isn't it?"

Within seconds, Godbrand's eyes widened and he whipped around to see whoever it was that responded to him.  Unfortunately, it was someone he'd rather not be caught alone with.  Alas, Fate decided to deal him a bad hand. 

"…Latissimus."

"Yes, that's correct."

Latissimus stood, completely unfazed and holding his hands behind his back.

"Will I have to fight you?" Asked Godbrand, readying himself for fisticuffs match.

"Absolutely not."

"Then are you surrendering…?"

Latissimus smirked.  "You've been busy trying to catch me, Magistrate.  I figure it may be time for me to give you a break.  Especially since your little family has grown now that you've adopted my former ward, Xavier.  I appreciate you taking him off my hands for me."

Godbrand's eyes narrowed.  "I honestly can't believe how big your balls are for showing up in front of me like this."

"Yes, I suppose it is rather ballsy," said Latissimus.  "Although, that's what I do, Magistrate."

"I knew something was wrong with you when I met you at Xavier's trial that day.  I should've booked you then."

Suddenly, another voice rang out—

"Sir Godbrand!"

"Captain."

Latissimus chuckled as his eyes followed Godbrand's. 

"Be careful, Captain.  Latissimus is volatile and spontaneous.  He might hurt you."

Captain held up his weapon, pointing it at Latissimus.  He was determined to not let the angel get away, however, something swooped down, quick as a flash distracting him from his target.  It was Latissimus's subordinate, Evis who had swooped down from a building roof and caused enough of a diversion for Latissimus to get away.

"No, Sir Godbrand!  He got away."

A voice was heard by only Godbrand—

"Take care of Xavier, Magistrate.  Goodbye…"

Godbrand looked around, attempting to locate the source of the voice, but to no avail.  He looked to the captain.

"I believe that'll be the last we'll see of Latissimus."

"Really, sir?  Do you think so?"

Godbrand nodded.  "I do.  That other demon that created the diversion though; Petra was able to track him.  I can find him and incarcerate him with Lykos.  Now, go home, Captain.  Goodnight and sleep well."

"… understood Sir."