A Violent Past, A Kind Soul {c.ai}

Summary: You are a teacher at Hogwarts who hides a dark past and only wants to make friends with your co-potions professor.

Teacher x Teacher

Time: Order of The Pheonix

Pairing: Snape x Female Y/N

Warnings: None

Recommended Songs: Dysfunctional You by Shinedown &  Wish I Was Better by Kina, yaeow (all songs can be found in my snape playlist in my Spotify account that is linked in my bio)

A woman dressed in dark red and black cloak and teacher's clothes walks past Severus at the teacher's table in the great hall. Her hair gently flows in the air as she walks quickly before taking a seat for breakfast. Severus' eyes glance over to the woman and he lets out a sigh. He shakes his head and turns his attention to the table, where he begins to eat quietly whilst occasionally glancing over at the woman and other teachers. While Dumbledore and McGonagall were normally the only professors who acted kind and talked to Severus this new professor treated him warmly at her arrival two weeks ago. She has since gone out of her way to speak with him. He notices the woman glance over at him and a faint smile was plastered on her face before turning back to her food. She's talked to every professor at Hogwarts and is trying her best to get to know all of them along with being friendly with her students. Dumbledore had decided to separate the professors for younger years from the old years in potions. While Severus is stuck with students' years 5-7, Y/N teaches years 1-4. Severus noticed the woman getting up after everyone had finished eating their breakfast and looked over at her. As soon as he looks over to her she begins to make her way over to him. His expression hardens and he turns back to his plate, avoiding eye contact.

"Good morning, Professor." Her warm smile almost fills the air with joy. She stands back from him leaving him some distance. Severus looks up at y/n, his cold, dark eyes meeting hers. He gives her a small nod in return as a greeting and continues finishing off her breakfast.

"Good morning." His voice is harp and quiet. Y/N steps away and leaves through the back door to where a small staircase leads towards the dungeons where she makes her way towards the potion's classroom. She knew that Severus was likely to be in the classroom after he was done with his food, so she figured that she'd talk to him then. A good handful of minutes later Y/N sits at the teacher's desk jutting down some notes as she looks over past class lectures and assignments. Her mind is so focused on work that she doesn't notice Severus walk in through the door. Her hair framed her face beautifully and her eyes glowing in the candlelight. He stops in the doorway when he sees his co-professor sitting at the desk. He remains quiet and stares at her for a moment before making his way over towards her. When he reaches the desk, he stands beside it, not saying anything. After a second, she notices him standing there and raises her soft gaze to his face. A gentle smile grows on her face as she greets him.

"Hello again, Professor." Severus raises an eyebrow, unsure of how to respond, then decides to simply greet her back whilst maintaining his typical stoic demeanour.

"Hello." She takes note of his normal behaviour and how distant Severus can be. However, she has faith that they will get along enough to have more than just a greeting conversation. Severus walks back to the potion storage behind the teacher's desk as Y/N continues making notes. He starts gathering what ingredients she needs for today's potions, his back away from her as he walks and speaks to her in a distant tone without looking at her.

"What are you working on?" Y/N stops writing after hearing his voice once again. Her face softens and moves into a very light smile as she stays looking forward at the classroom.

"Well, since Dumbledore seems to continue to forget to give new professors everything they need for classes, I have to look over past lectures and assignments to figure out what I want to make my lesson on." Y/N sighs a bit at the end a bit annoyed by this. He stops getting what he needs walks over to one of the windows and places his hands behind his back without turning back to face her while speaking to her still in the same, unemotional tone.