C H A P T E R O N E

~ CASUAL MORNING ~

Jimin woke up with a contented smile, feeling the warmth of the morning sun caressing his skin.

Stretching his naked limbs beneath the soft sheets, he glanced to his left, expecting to see Jungkook, his husband of two years still nestled beside him. However, the bed was empty, and a tinge of disappointment washed over him.

Curious, Jimin sat up, the cool air brushing against his bare skin. He glanced at his purple wall and smiled to himself.

He called out for Jungkook, but only received faint noises from the kitchen, drawing him towards them.

With a mischievous glint in his eyes, Jimin slipped into one of Jungkook's shirts, the fabric enveloping him in a sense of familiarity.

As he padded towards the kitchen, the scent of breakfast filled the air, mingling with the soft morning light. Jimin leaned against the wall, arms crossed, a soft smile playing on his lips as he watched Jungkook struggle with flipping a pancake, his brows furrowed in concentration.

With a small chuckle, Jimin couldn't help but quietly revel in the sight of Jungkook's culinary mishap. As Jungkook reached to flip the pancake, a yelp escaped his lips as he burned himself.

Startled, he looked up to find Jimin standing there, amusement dancing in his eyes.

"You're cooking," Jimin teased, his laughter bubbling forth. "Looks like you might need a bit more practice, Kookie." Jimin walked over to him, wrapping his arms around Jungkook's waist.

Jungkook's lips curled into a sheepish smile, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "I was trying to surprise you, but I guess the surprise is on me," he admitted, placing the slightly charred pancake on a plate.

"Well, it's the thought that counts, right?" Jimin said, his voice filled with affection. "Besides, I appreciate the effort," Jimin says rubbing his head on Jungkook's chest.

A glimpse of Jimin's beautiful diamond ring around his finger caught Jungkook's eyes, he smiled to himself feeling his heart skip a beat. Their eyes met in a tender moment. He leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to Jimin's lips, their connection filled with warmth and love.

"Did you sleep well?" Jungkook asked against his lips, Jimin giggled and pulled away, "I always sleep well, thanks to you,"

Jungkook smirks and slightly grabs Jimins butt through the thin fabric, Jimin laughs and pushes his hand away, "I didn't mean it like that!"

Jungkook chuckles as he grabs a plate of imperfect pancakes and sets it down on the table where Jimin sits down, Jimin looks up but Jungkook quickly connects their lips, both smiling and laughing into the kiss.

"I have to go to work," he murmured against Jimin's mouth. "But I'll be getting off early today."

Jimin nodded, savoring the taste of Jungkook's lips. "Okay," he replied softly, his heart swelling with anticipation for their time together. "I love you, Jimin," Jungkook says, holding his pinky finger up

Jimin's smile widened, his eyes sparkling with adoration. "I love you too, Jungkook," he whispered before bringing his smaller pinky up to connect it with his husband.

Jungkook steals one last kiss before reluctantly pulling away and heading out the door, leaving Jimin with a plate of imperfect pancakes and a heart filled with the promise of a beautiful day to come.

~