C H A P T E R S E V E N

~ FIRST DATE, KINDA NERVOUS ~

Jimin's room was filled with an air of nervous energy as he paced back and forth, his mind racing with doubts and worries.

Taehyung, his best friend, sat on the edge of the bed, watching Jimin's restless movements with a bemused expression.

"You're overreacting, Jimin," Taehyung finally spoke up, his voice laced with amusement. "It's just a date."

Jimin paused mid-step, his eyebrows furrowing as he turned to face Taehyung. "But what if it's a mistake? What if I'm not ready for this? Should I even be going?"

"If you're this stressed then why did you say yes?" Taehyung asked.

"I don't know! I was just caught up in the moment, it's really hard to say no to someone who looks like that, and acts like that!"

"Acts and looks like what?"

"Amazing! Utterly amazing, and you know how my last relationship ended, what if I hurt him?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes as he stood from the bed, his hands reaching out to grip Jimin's shoulders firmly. "Jimin, calm down. Take a deep breath. You've been out of the dating game for years. It's time to give it a chance. You deserve happiness."

Jimin took a shaky breath, his eyes searching Taehyung's face for reassurance. "Do you really think so?"

Taehyung nodded, his grip on Jimin's shoulders tightening slightly. "Absolutely. You're an incredible person, Jimin. You have so much love to give. Don't let fear hold you back. Besides, it's about time you finally got laid, it's been years,"

Jimin rolled his eyes but forced a small smile, his anxiety slowly subsiding. "You're right, Tae. I need to stop overthinking. Everything will be fine."

Just as Jimin spoke those words, the doorbell rang, causing his heart to leap into his throat. Panic washed over him once again as he realized who it might be.

"Oh my gosh, he's here! Jungkook is here! Tae, what do I do?! WhatdoIdo?!"

Taehyung's eyes widened, his playful demeanor shifting into genuine concern. He took a step closer to Jimin, his voice soothing. "Okay, Jimin, first you're going to breathe. And then you're gonna remember you've got this. Just be yourself. Remember, it's just a date."

Jimin nodded, his hands shaking slightly as he took another deep breath. With newfound determination, he straightened his posture and walked towards the door, suddenly he paused holding onto the frame of the door, "I can't do this," he whispered and tried running back into the room.

Taehyung sighed and fought with Jimin, trying to push him out of the door, "You're going on this date Jimin!" He said finally pushing him out of the room.

As Jimin pouted and fixed his shirt, he slowly walked to the door and went even slower while opening it.

Then his eyes met Jungkook's, and for a moment, Jimin got lost in his eyes again.

Jungkook stood there, a smile on his face and a bouquet of flowers in his hand. His presence alone filled Jimin with a sense of warmth and comfort.

"Hi, Jimin," Jungkook greeted, his voice gentle and kind.

Jimin's nerves threatened to resurface, but he pushed them aside, remembering Taehyung's words. He returned Jungkook's smile, his voice steady as he replied, "Hi, Jungkook. It's nice to see you."

Taehyung rolled his eyes and walked back into Jimins room.

"I brought these for you," Jungkook said handing Jimin the flowers.

Jimin blushed and accepted them, lightly brushing Jungkook hand as he took them, "Thank you, they're beautiful,"

"You're beautiful," Jungkook chuckled. Jimin hearts slipped a beat.

Jungkooks eyes widen, "Uhh, I-I mean you look... really beautiful," he said making Jimin laugh at his cuteness.

In that moment, as Jimin and Jungkook locked eyes, the worries and doubts melted away. They both knew that this date was the beginning of something special, a chance for them to explore a connection that had been growing between them.

"Are you ready?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin smiled, "One second," he said before dashing to his room.

"I don't want to hear a word from you, but put these in a vase, and I will see you tomorrow." Jimin said, not looking at Tae who was smirking and placed the flowers on the bed.

Jimin returned to Jungkook with a bright smile, "Okay, now I'm ready," Jungkook laughed and stepped aside for Jimin to walk out the door first.

With Taehyung's encouraging words, Jimin happily walked down the hall of his apartment building with Jungkook beside him, ready to embrace the unknown and discover the beauty that awaited him on this journey.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~