C H A P T E R S I X

~ SETTLING IN ~

Jimin stood in the middle of his new room in his new house, his overalls splattered with purple paint, as he meticulously painted the wall with a focused expression.

The scent of fresh paint filled the air as he worked, his brush gliding smoothly over the surface. Lost in his task, he didn't notice Jungkook entering the room until he felt a sudden presence behind him.

Startled, Jimin jumped slightly, his heart racing as he turned to face Jungkook. A mischievous grin played on Jungkook's lips, his eyes filled with amusement.

Before Jimin could even react, Jungkook leaned in and pressed a quick kiss against his cheek, causing a burst of laughter to escape Jimin's lips.

"Jungkook, you scared me!" Jimin exclaimed, his voice laced with a mixture of surprise and affection.

Jungkook chuckled, wrapping his arm around Jimin's waist in a side hug as they both looked at the freshly painted wall. The vibrant purple color brightened up the room, transforming it into a space filled with warmth and creativity.

"It looks beautiful, Jimin," Jungkook said, his voice filled with genuine admiration.

Jimin smiled a hint of pride in his eyes. "Thank you. I've been working really hard on it."

"Do you really think we should have done purple?" Jungkook asks.

"Yes! We love purple," Jimin crossed his arms. "But in our room, Ji?"

Jimin pouted, "Yes, it's different. And I love it, and if you have a problem with it, we don't have to share a room," Jimin said and tried to walk away, Jungkook quickly tightened his grip on his waist. "Oh, we're sharing a room. I didn't marry you for nothing, and I love the purple,"

Jimin smiled, "Thank you, it took me all day,"

Jungkook's expression turned sheepish as he replied, "Now I feel bad for not helping you."

Jimin giggled, placing a hand on Jungkooks chest. "Well, you can start by moving all the furniture in by yourself."

Jungkook laughed, accepting the challenge. "Deal."

Jimin smiled and pecked Jungkook's lips, gently patting his chest, "Okay, I have to finish the rest of the wall, so if you're going to be in here be careful," Jimin said in his stern voice.

He bent over to dip his brush in more paint when he suddenly let out a whimper as he felt a harsh slap on his butt, also causing him to gasp in surprise.

He turned around and glared at Jungkook who was too busy laughing, "Jungkook! I almost got paint on the floor!" he scolded, lightly smacking his shoulder.

Jungkook continued to laugh as a mischievous glint sparkled in Jimin's eyes he retaliated, grabbing a paintbrush and flicking paint on Jungkook's face.

Jungkook gasped as he smeared the paint off his face, with a single glance the room erupted into a spontaneous paint fight, laughter echoing off the walls as they chased each other around, leaving colorful streaks in their wake.

Jimin grabbed Jungkook by his arm rubbing the paintbrush all over his shirt, Jungkook scoffed and grabbed a whole can of paint while smirking at Jimin.

Jimins eyes widened and attempted to run away but Jungkook corned him holding the can of paint above him slowly tilting it. Jimin laughed but held his hands up, "J-Jungkook, stop! You're gonna get paint on the floor!" He managed to say while laughing.

Jungkook just shrugged and continued to tip the can, "If you do it you're sleeping on the couch, right after you clean the paint off the floor!"

Immediately Jungkook put the can down and Jimin made a run for it, but Jungkook was quick to catch him by wrapping his arms around him.

Eventually, their playfulness subsided, and they found themselves standing face to face, paint-splattered and breathless. Their eyes met, filled with love and affection, and in that moment, nothing else mattered.

Jimin reached out, gently cupping Jungkook's face with his paint-stained hands. Their lips met in a soft, tender kiss, a sweet culmination of their shared joy and connection.

The taste of paint lingered on their lips, a reminder of the beautiful mess they had created together.

As they pulled away, their foreheads resting against each other, Jimin whispered, "I love you, Jungkook."

Jungkook smiled, reaching his hand out to lace his pinky with Jimins, his eyes shining with adoration. "I love you too, Jimin. And I think you've done enough painting."

Jungkook grabbed the paintbrush out of Jimin's hand, setting it down before grabbing Jimin and throwing him over his shoulder making him squeal.

Jimin laughed as Jungkook started to walk out of the room, "Wait, kookie I need to finish before it dries!" He says while reaching his hand out to the room that's leaving his sight.

"Eh, it'll be fine," Jungkook said tossing Jimin on the couch, climbing on top of him and connecting their lips.

Although Jimin never finished painting the room that day, their hearts were filled with the knowledge that no matter the challenges they faced, as long as they were together, they could turn even the simplest tasks into moments of pure magic.

                 ~      ~      ~      ~      ~