Hope?

After flying for what seemed like an eternity, they arrived at the secret government headquarters in the heart of Death Valley. The heat was excruciating, but Charles shook it off. He was used to the heat, Henry wasn't.

"We're here," Charles said. Henry nodded as he sat next to his ally. Henry knew that Charles might have never forgotten about the betrayal. Henry shuddered at the thought of Charles still seeing him as an enemy.

"So this is the government headquarters me and the Toppats have been itching to find?" Henry asked.

"Yep. We have moved from the ledge of the Grand Canyon to here in Death Valley. This is because nobody would expect us to be in the middle of Death Valley." Charles replied with no emotion. Henry could tell he was being serious. The headquarters was massive with three runways and caravans filled with weapons and explosives in case of an invasion. The hangar was vast and spacious, with enough room to house several helicopters and more. As the helicopter descended into the hangar, Henry observed the gleaming metallic walls that surrounded them. The hangar was illuminated by bright lights that shone down from the ceiling and reflected off the polished floor. The air was filled with the sound of buzzing machinery, and the smell of oil and fuel permeated the air.

Amidst the array of helicopters, Henry's attention was immediately drawn to one particular hangar that stood out from the rest. It was larger and more extravagantly designed, with intricate details and personalized features that made it truly unique. As they landed, the helicopter shook slightly, and Henry couldn't help but feel a sense of awe and excitement. 

Charles then revealed, "This is my personal hangar. General Galeforce personalized it with all the amenities and features that I requested." The attention to detail and the luxuriousness of the hangar left Henry truly impressed and amazed.  Henry looked in awe. These were the best aerospace equipment. Charles smiled as he walked out of the hangar, signaling to Henry they had to go.

"Charlie! How are you?" General Galeforce grinned as he embraced Charles in a hug. Henry stayed out of sight, he didn't want the general to go against him. Henry had always supposed Charles didn't have a father. But Galeforce seemed to have filled that role.

"So, did you dispose of Henry?" Galeforce asked. Charles winced as he looked at Galeforce.

"Yeah, about that. I didn't take Henry to prison." Charles responded. Galeforce winced and he approached Charles. Charles shrunk in fear.

"Where is he?" Galeforce snarled viciously. Henry didn't like seeing Charles so afraid.

"I brought him here because he said he wanted to help take down the Toppat Clan," Charles exclaimed, his voice trembling with fear.

"You brought a traitor to the headquarters? Charlie, you're better than this," Galeforce said, trying to calm Charles down.

"Yes. He was betrayed by the Toppat Clan. Their former leader threw him into the ocean, and he thought he was dead. But he survived, and now Henry has a reason to go against the Toppat Clan," Charles explained.

Galeforce nodded, trying to absorb the information that Charles had given him."Bring him here. I want to ask him questions. Privately." Galeforce said, grabbing the attention of three other soldiers in the area.

"Yes general," Charles replied submissively. He grabbed Henry by the shoulder and brought him to Galeforce.

"On your knees Henry," Galeforce demanded. Henry, knowing that complacency is the only option, went on his knees.

"So, Charlie here told me that you're against the Toppats now?" Galeforce asked. "So since you were the leader for a year now, give us information." Henry's eyes widened.

"Give us information, and we might not send you to prison," Galeforce demanded.

"Am I supposed to trust your word?" Henry asked defiantly. Galeforce nodded.

"Fine, their leader is called Reginald Copperbottom. He has a robotic Right-Hand Man and he is taking the airship to the Dogo Bogo jungle. He's going to a secret launch site to launch the clan up into space." Henry spat. "If you don't stop them, they'll be unstoppable. They want the Mythic Diamond, you have to protect that as well."

Galeforce nodded and rubbed his temples. He looked up at Charles who was smiling.

"Take him to prison. He's given us the information. He's worthless to us." Galeforce said. Henry tilted his head and snarled under his breath.

"You liar!" He snapped as two soldiers wrapped their arms around his shoulders. He broke free from their grasp and stepped defiantly toward Galeforce. Charles started to whisper. Henry didn't listen, what he was doing was more important.

"I said we might. Let you go. Not that we would." Galeforce chuckled. Charles looked at Henry and Galeforce, their eyes locked.

"But I gave you information, I betrayed the Toppats and you still won't let me go?" Henry snapped furiously.

"But you would have a better life in prison." Galeforce mocked with fake sincerity. Henry picked up a rifle and pointed it at Galeforce.

"Henry don't, you're only making it worse," Charles whispered. Henry wrapped his fingers around the trigger, yet, he hesitated.

"Do it. I said do it." General Galeforce snarled. Finally, Henry dropped the weapon and signaled surrender. 

With a sly smile, Galeforce leaned in closer, his eyes fixed on Henry's. "I had no doubt you would make the right choice," he hissed, his voice low and dangerous. 

"General, wait. Don't send him to prison!" Charles intervened, trying to get Galeforce's attention. Galeforce's face lit up. "Let him join our mission. He wants to betray the Toppat Clan." Galeforce nodded in defeat. 

"Take him to the airship again. Let's try this again." Galeforce said.