Chapter 5

Vibha gasped looking at Abhishek and the girl. Girl in wedding attire with flower garland and nuptial chain on her neck. Everyone looked at Abhishek and Aarya. Khushi saw her father and ran towards him.

Khushi (hugging his legs): Papa...

Abhishek took her in his arms. She kissed his cheek.

Siddharth (shocked): Bhai ye sab kya hai?

Abhishek: Andar aa kar baat kare?

No one said anything. Everyone let them in.

Abhishek shut the door behind him. He made Khushi sit on the sofa.

Vibha: Kya hai ye sab Abhishek?

Abhishek sighed. He was nervous and worried as well.

Abhishek: Umm... Jai kaha hai?

Avneet who was staring at Aarya. She looked at Abhishek.

Avneet: Jai? Vo aapke sath tha bhai. Aap batao kaha hai mera bhai?

Abhishek understood they were not aware of anything.

Reem: Bhai... Jai theek to hai na? Kaha gaya? Kya chal raha hai ye sab?

Abhishek: Umm... Jai apne ghar par hai.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He narrated everything. Everyone was shocked listening to him.

Siddharth (shocked): You are married to her?

Before Abhishek could have replied. They heard a knock on the door. Everyone was shocked to understand and open the door. Abhishek knew Jayant was at the door as he purposely asked him to come with Aarya's luggage. As this will take few minutes for him to come. In the meantime, he can explain his family. Not letting Jayant to create a misunderstanding between Abhishek and his family. Abhishek opened the door. They walked in.

Jayant: Namaste. Main Jayant. Aarya ka bada bhai.

No one gave heed to his introduction and even greeted him back. He felt angry but didn't react.

Everyone was quiet for a few minutes to digest everything. Khushi was looking at everyone. She jumped from the sofa and went towards Abhishek.

Khushi: Papa ice-ceam do.

She asked.

Abhishek (taking her in arms): Haa... Papa and Khushu ice-cream khane jayege.

Khushi nodded and pecked his cheeks.

Jayant (pointing at Khushi): Ye teri beti hai?

Abhishek: Haan.

Jayant: Haan kya haan? Iske rehte meri behan ki zindagi barbaad ho jayegi. Vo khud ek bachi hai. Vo kya dusri bachi ki maa banegi?

Abhishek (gritting his teeth): Maine bola teri behan ko mujhse shaadi kar? Aur vo bachi hai to bachi ki shaadi hi kyun karai? Itni akal to khud me honi chaye. Aur rahi baat maa banane ki. Meri beti ke liye uski maa aur uska papa. Dono main khud hoon. Nahi hai kisi aur ki jarurat.

Jayant (shout): Teri beti yaha nahi rahegi. Ye yaha rahi to Aarya nahi rahegi.

Abhishek: Leke jaa apni behan ko. Darwaza saamne hai.

He ordered pointing at the door. Jayant stared at him for a few seconds. He took out a gun from his pocket and pointed it at Khushi.

A shiver ran down Abhishek's spine. He got scared of course. So, Khushi did. Tears brimmed in her eyes.

Jayant: Ye musibat hi khatam. Na rahega bass na bajegi bansuri.

Before Abhishek could react. Avneet snatched Khushi from his arms and a gun from Jayant's hand.