Chapter 9

Vibha: Haa to ye final kal hum chalet hai path-phere ke liye.

Aarya nodded.

Vibha: Aarya beta we are sorry. Tum yaha as new bride aayi but hum ye sab chor apni vaishu ke liye focused-

Aarya (cuts her): Nahi aunty. Please don't be sorry. It was the fault of my family. I am not a new bride. I am a forced bride. Once, everything will be good. I will start my studies again and do a job. I need your help with basics till then, please. About this marriage, Sir already told me about his life and his decision. To be honest, I am not ready to be a mother.

Vibha nodded.

Siddharth: See Aarya once, everything will be fine. You can live with us. Continue your studies. We are here to help you and protect you.

Abhishek: I agree with Siddharth. You are going to give us our family back. You know Avneet many times raised questions like how di couldn't swim in the river? The dead which we got was damaged. We couldn't recognize a face because of damage. We saw long hair which was like Vaishnavi. The height of the dead body was similar to Vaish. Assuming Vaish, we surrender ourselves thinking she died. Hum aur thori investigation karte to shayad hume Vaishu tab hi mil jati.

Vibha: Jo hota hai ache ke liye hi hota hai.

Siddharth noticed Avneet was lost in her thoughts.

Siddharth (side hugging her): Kya hua jaan?

Avneet: Di ke milne par mujhe ye case phir se kholna hai full.

Vibha: Bhagwaan kare sab acha ho ab.

Avneet nodded.

Vibha: Hum dinner ki preparation kare?

Avneet nodded. They walked into the kitchen. Siddharth went to his room.

Abhishek: Aarya tum jab tak apni studies complete kar, self-depend nahi jati tum yehi rehna. I am sorry I am backing off from the promised I took at the time of marriage. Tum meri responsibility ho. To yes, you will live here and complete your studies. We will help you out.

Before she could have spoken.

Abhishek: Tum rest karo main khushi ko dekh kar aaya.

He went into his room. Khushi was sitting there in front of her mother's photo.

Abhishek went and took her on his lap.

Abhishek: Khushu?

Khushi: Mumma bolo aaye.

Abhishek (peaking her cheek): Mumma bahut jaldi aayegi Khushu ke pass.

Khushi stood up excitedly. She turned to face him.

Khushi (happily): Mumma aaye?

Abhishek: Haa Khushu ki mumma jaldi aayegi. Khushi, mumma, papa bahut pyaar karege phir. Hai na?

Khushi nodded and hugged him. Abhishek saw Vaishnavi's photo and smiled sadly. He has tears in his wife. His life is incomplete without Vaishnavi. From the day he got to know he lost till today. The whole journey turned his life upside down. Right now, he was only praying to god for his Vaishnavi.

Khushi broke the hug.

Abhishek: Meri baat sunna abhi?

Khushi nodded.

Abhishek: Kal na papa and dadi ko jana hai mumma se milne.

Khushi (excited): Khushu bhi...

Abhishek (frown): Nahi...

Khushi (angrily): Yesh!! Khushu mumma jayegi.

Abhishek (chuckled): Baby-

Khushi (cuts him, glares him): No...

Just then Siddharth came there.

Siddharth: Bhai aap meri girlfriend ko tang kar rahe ho?

Khushi (running to Siddharth): Yesh boyfend... Gussa karo papa ko.

Abhishek (pulling khushi towards himself): Oye!! Boyfriend kabhi bhi gussa nahi kar sakta ladki ke papa ko. Vo sirf papa karte hai.

Khushi (glaring at Abhishek): No wrong wrong. Boyfend gussa karo.

Siddharth (chuckles): Vo boyfriend girlfriend purane jamane ke hai. Main to gussa karuga aap par if aap meri cute si girlfriend ko tang karoge to. Samajha? Ye warning hai aapke liye.

Khushi (giving a flying kiss to Siddharth): Love you.

Siddharth chuckled at her actions. Abhishek frown.

Abhishek: Yeh kaha se seekha?

Khushi (giggling): Mashii...

Siddharth hugging Khushi.

Siddharth: I love you too princess.

He peaked her forehead. Abhishek rolls his eyes.

Siddharth: Batao papa kya bol rahe the meri baby ko?

Khushi suddenly remembered the argument that she and Abhishek were having.

Khushi (angrily): Papa, dadi jaye mumma pass chachu.

Siddharth (acting surprised): Arey baap re!

Khushi: Khushu no kun?

Siddharth: Vo main batau?

Khushi nodded with a pout.

Siddharth: See abhi to Khushi ki mumma aayegi. Phir khushi to sirf mumma ke sath baithegi na.

Khushi (giggling): Yesh yesh...

Siddharth: Kal na masi, chachu and Khushu jayege Zoo then aquarium aur phir ice cream khane bhi.

Khushi: Mumma?

Siddharth: Mumma papa aayege to vo bhi jayege sath me. To Khushu, masi aur chachu ke sath jayegi. Aap jao bhai bhabhi ke pass aur jaldi leke aana.

Khushi: Haa papa...

Abhishek sighed.

The rest of the day went like usual.

Next day,

Early morning, Vibha, Abhishek and Aarya left for the village.

To be continued...

Do comments guys.