Chapter 12

Jayant (roar): Ye kya chal raha hai?

Listening to his voice. Abhishek, Aarya and Vibha were startled. They were trying to digest what just happened now. Understanding the situation Abhishek cursed himself in mind for being careless.

Listening to Jayant's voice, his father and mother came running.

Sarpanch: Kya hua?

Vibha (trying to hide her fear): Hum yaha se guzar rahe the tab humari nazar Vaishnavi par padi. To hum andar aaye dekhne ke ye vahi ladki hai jiska khayal humare dimag me aaya ya koi aur hai.

Sarpanch: Kiska khayal aaya aapke dimag me isko dekh?

He interrogated in a cold tone.

Vibha: Ye meri bahu ki badi behan hai.

Jayant (confused): Us police wali ki?

Vibha nodded.

Jayant (pointing at Abhishek): To ye usse itna kyun chipak raha tha?

Vibha turned to look at Abhishek if he was answering or not. He was quiet.

Vibha: Ye dono sath me padhte the college aur Vaishnavi... Ye Abhishek ke guzri hui biwi ki dost thi. To Abhishek thora shock ho gaya aur thora pass gaya uske.

She was trying to hide the fear and nervous. Abhishek sighed. Aarya was trying to calculate, looking at the expressions on Jayant and her father's faces.

Sarpanch: Theek hai... Chalo hum ghar dikha dete hai.

Vibha: Ji... Aao Abhishek.

Abhishek nodded. They walked out. Before leaving the room. Abhishek glanced at Vaishnavi and his lips curled up in smile.

Sarpanch gave them a home tour. Abhishek's mind was busy thinking about "How to take Vaish out of this mess". Once, they came back to the living area.

Abhishek: Maa... Main kya soch raha tha. Mummy papa ko phone kar... Mera Matlab Avneet ke mummy papa ko phone kar bata dete hai Vaishnavi ke bare me. Vo log le jayege na Vaishnavi ko apne ghar.

He said, "Mummy papa" first which he calls them. Looking at Sarpanch's eyes he changed his statement to "Avneet ke Mummy Papa".

Jayant (raising his eyebrow): Tujhe kyun hai itni jaldi usko yaha se bhejne ki?

Abhishek: Vo log apni beti ko leke pareshaan hai. Unko pata chalega to leke jayege na. Tumhe kyun aese takleef ho rahi hai unke leke jane se.

Jayant: Takleef!! Nahi mujhe Takleef nahi hai. Mujhe mere paise chaye. Itne mahino tak humne uska dhayan rakha. Vo free me to nahi hua na. Uske paise kaun dega?

Abhishek: Ye aaya na sach samne. Vahin main sochu jo log apni beti ko nahi sambhalte. Vo log kisi aur ke beti ko kyun sambhalega.

He rolled his eyes. Jayant and his father glared at Abhishek.

Vibha (sternly): Bas Abhishek. Ye log teri family hai. You should respect them.

She jumped in between the arguments to calm the atmosphere. Abhishek looked at his mother. She glared at him.

Vibha: Main Avneet ke mata-pita se baat kar bol deti hoon unko. Vo log hai uske mata-pita. Paiso ki len-den vahin karege. Mere liye jaise meri choti bahu ke mata-pita hai. Vaise hi aap log meri badi bahu ke mata-pita. Main dono parivaro me se kisi ke bhi bich me pad apne rishte kharab nahi karna chahti.

She tried to convince them.

Sarpanch: Ye baat aapki galat bhi nahi hai. Beti aapki thori hai jo aap paise bharo. Aap kar lo baat uske mata-pita se. Unhe kehna ye sab kareeban 4 maah (month) se hai to iske hisab 2 lakh ho raha hai.

Vibha (nodded): Aapka phone dege? Humare me network to nahi hoga yaha.

Sarpanch: Haa haa bilkul.

Sarpanch took his phone and gave it to her. Vibha excused herself and went into the corner. She called Avneet and explained everything. They discussed something then Vibha went back to where everyone was present.

Jayant: Kya bola?

Vibha: Abhi hi nikal rahe hai. Kuch ghanto me pahuch jayege. Ye sab jane dijiye. Mujhe aap log apne parivar ke bare me bataye.

Abhishek and Aarya understood that Vibha was trying to prove that she and her family don't have any close connection with Vaishnavi. So, Vaishnavi can be taken out of this mess easily. They were chit-chatting and having food.

Somehow, Abhishek spent a few hours with them but his whole mind was with Vaishnavi. He was waiting for Avneet's parents. Vibha was busy talking and knowing about Aarya's family. So, her family can trust them and things don't turn out to be negative. In between they went to take a round of village. Vibha's behaviour, her way of asking about them and their lives satisfied Jayant and Sarpanch about Aarya's married life.

After some hours, Avneet's parents finally came there.

Vibha: Sarpanch ji ye Vaishnavi ke mata-pita hai. Soniya, Aman bhai ye Aarya ke mata-pita hai.

After greetings.

Aman: Mujhe sab se pehle apni beti ko dekhna hai.

Jayant: Aao aao main leke chalta hoon.

Jayant left. Soniya and Aman followed him. Before leaving the room, Soniya looked at Vibha and nodded. Vibha blinked her eyes and left.

To be continued...