Chapter 11

Abhishek, Aarya, Vibha and Aarya's mother walked in. Jayant held his father's hand, not letting him go inside the house.

Sarpanch turned to Jayant. Jayant gestures to him. Sarpanch nodded and stood there. Once, everyone went in. Only Jayant and Sarpanch were there with Sarpanch's brother. Sarpanch noticed police aren't near.

Sarpanch: Kya hua?

Jayant: Baba ye sab inki sochi-samajhi saazish hai. Kal jab main gaya tha Mumbai Aarya ke sath. Tab hi us thane-daarni ne pure gaav ko jail me daalne ki damki di thi. Kal kahin se bhi umeed nahi thi ye log Aarya ko apnayege bhi. Aaj ye yaha path-phere ke liye aaye hai. Aese kaise? Pakka kuch to hai. Hum aese dar kar nahi baith sakte. Baba hume kuch to karna hoga.

Sarpanch: Ye log yaha hume jail bhejne ke liye aaye hai?

Sarpanch's brother: Par Aarya? Vo kya apne parivaar ke sath aese karegi? Agar vo bhi in sab me mili hui hai to main uska sar uske shareer se alag kar duga.

He said angrily.

Jayant: Ji Tau ji... Agar Aarya inke sath mili nahi hoti to aese sab Baba ko gher khade the banduk leke. Aarya dekhte nahi rukti.

Sarpanch: Humare aas pass police hai hume chaukana rehna hai.

Jayant: Baba hume iske maa par hath dalna. Iski maa humare to ye bina pani ki machali ki tarah tadpega. Hume police se bach jayege.

Sarpanch: Abhi chalo andar.

They walked in.

Aarya's mom: Aap logo ka hi intezaar kar rahe the.

Jayant: Haa...

They all sat with them. There was an uncomfortable silence. No one knew what to say.

Arya's mom: Ek kaam kar Arya. Jaa jamai ji aur Samdhan ji ko ghar dikha de. Jab tak main khaan-paan ki vyavasta kat deti hoon.

Arya: Haa maa... Chaliye.

Abhishek, Aarya and Vibha left from there.

Once, they were at a distance from family.

Abhishek: Vaishu kaha hai? Vahi chalo.

Aarya nodded. They went towards where Vaishnavi is. The heartbeat of Abhishek was at another level. He was feeling happy that finally, he will get his love life back.

As they reached the room. Arya pushed the door to open it. They saw Vaishnavi lying there. As Vibha and Abhishek got Vaishnavi's glimpse. Lips of both curled up in a wide smile, their eyes shone as tears brimmed. She was lying on the bed an IV connected to her hand. Vibha turned to Abhishek to see him looking at Vaishnavi without even blinking.

Aarya: Andar aao.

Aarya's voice brings them back. Abhishek nodded and walked towards Vaishnavi. His steps were slow and his heartbeat was fast. He took a deep breath as he reached near her. He looked at her from head to toe as if checking her out. She was sleeping peacefully. Her looks were slightly different she seemed thin not a bit but a lot, her lips were light pink which looked dry, and her chubby lips weren't chubby anymore. She looks weak and dull.

Abhishek bent and pecked her forehead. Tears roll down his cheeks.

Abhishek (took a deep breath): I miss you and I love you.

Vibha walked towards the other side of the bed. She caressed her hair. She couldn't speak a word.

Looking at them. Aarya smiled. She too has tears in her eyes.

Aarya's POV:

Kabhi laga nahi husband and saas itna pyaar kar sakte hai. Baba to maa ko dekhna bhi pasand nahi karte. Bhaiya aur bhabhi ka rishta sirf malik aur sevika wala dekha hai. Sir se meri Shaadi hui. Agar main ma'am ke zinda hone ka sach nahi batati to shayad ye pyaar mujhe bhi milta. Baba ya bhai ka pyaar to mere naseeb me nahi tha. Maine pati ka pyaar khud apne hatho se apne naseeb se mita diya.

Aarya's POV ends.

Aarya, Abhishek and Vibha were startled as they heard.

Jayant (roar): Ye kya chal raha hai?

To be continued...