Introduction

//WARNING//
This story may contain sensitive content, such as self harm, depression, abuse, etc.
Reader discretion is advised.

This story is about Mars Dexter, a bullied, might-as-well-be-orphaned teenager, who has a difficult time making friends, and, well, she doesn't have any at school.
She's resorted to self-harm recently. All of this stress is piling on her.
She can't stand any of her family, her brother Jupiter or her parents, who happen to be retired astrologists (which would explain her and her brother's bizarre names) AND abusive, neglecting drunks.
Mars doesn't even get anything for Christmas except for a lecture on why she should be thankful for what she has, but the only thing she really has to be thankful for is a phone (which she pays for herself), with which she has used to make an internet friend, Grace, who lives in the UK, while Mars lives in Sydney, Australia.
Her parents don't even feed her or give her anything except an old couch with a pull-out bed to sleep on and a couple hand-me-down shirts a year, and a roof over her head. She has to rely on money from her job at a local diner to put food in her stomach.
One day, it all hits her.
The condition of her life.
She really doesn't want to commit suicide. She doesn't want to die. No, she'd much rather...
Run away.