Ch 4

April 10, 2021

5:25 p.m.

Victoria's Citadel

001/Timothy and 1028/Needles returned to the citadel. Victoria was there and all of the lackeys' bowed to her to show their respect.

Victoria reported, "As you all know, the Detroit post went up in smoke, killing all inside except one." The lackeys' booed at this even 001/Timothy and 1028/Needles but theirs was forced, since they wanted nothing to do with this horrid world. She added, "Find the one who had escaped and kill him. You are dismissed!"

With that, the lackey's went their separate ways. 023 approached 001/Timothy and 1028/Needles.

He reported, "001, the time belt blueprints have been finished. 1100 and I are guarding them tonight. I was wondering if you and 1028 can take the morning shift."

001/Timothy offered, "How about we take the late shift and you can take the morning shift?"

023 responded, "That would be great. Thanks."

With that, 023 left and left them alone.

1028/Needles asked, "001, are you sure about this? Why should we guard the blueprints tonight?"

001/Timothy answered, "Two words, 1028: photo copy."

1028/Needles puzzled at this but it finally clicked as he whispered, "Timothy, you are good."

001/Timothy whispered back, "Thank you, Needles."

With that, the two went to their respected rooms and got some sleep before their night shifts. That night, 001/Timothy and 1028/Needles were in the file room and they were taking pictures of the blueprints.

1028/Needles asked, "Timothy, are sure about this?"

001/Timothy answered, "First of all, call me 001 when I have my hood on. Second of all, I'm very sure. But the problem is trying to get them in the hands of the resistance. We can't let Vicky get the belt working."

1028/Needles looked like he was in deep thought as was 001/Timothy.

He turned to 1028/Needles and commented, "I feel like Cosmo right now. Not being able to think."

001/Timothy froze after 1028/Needles had his chuckle.

001/Timothy whispered, "I should not have said that."

He put his hands to his eyes and started to cry. 1028/Needles went over to him and put his hand on his shoulder. 001/Timothy gave him a thumb up to thank him for his comfort.

A voice in the night said, "And here I thought you lackeys' didn't have a heart."

With that, Beatrice stepped out of the shadows. 1028/Needles and 001/Timothy gulped at her presence. This was one twist they weren't expecting.

...

April 10, 2021

9:05 p.m.

Safe Haven

Chicago, Illinois

The resistance was all sound asleep in the safe haven. John was able to save Anti-Jorgen so he and his counterpart were in the nurses' aid station together. Jorgen was still awake seeing that Nacey was tending to his wounds. To keep his mind off of how much it hurt, Nacey decided to talk about the good old days.

She commented, "I even remember when you and Winston went up the moons of Pluto and went...what was it now? Oh, yeah! You called it 'rock dodging'."

Jorgen smiled at that. Winston was Jorgen's first and only godchild. He wanted to see how hard his underlings had it. But, he thought of Winston as his son just like Cosmo thought of Timothy.