Ch 6

March 13, 2001

8:15 p.m.

'Birdman and the Sparrow'

Timothy's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and for some strange reason, I could not move. I was tied up! I gulped hard, wondering if Vicky now knew my identity and decided to torture me. But, through my half asleep state, I was able to see the one person that confirmed where and when I was. It was my eight year old self, dressed as Sparrow.

I started to say, "Look, you've got to listen to me...."

But, just then, he froze me like he did before. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Cosmo and Wanda disguised as a human maid and butler. That's when I realized that this was it. I had no choice but to tell my younger self some of my truth. 'Hopefully, I won't reveal too much,' I thought as my younger self unfroze me.

I snapped, "You know, I really wish you stop doing that!"

Timmy snapped, "Never mind that! Who are you and what are you doing here?"

I sighed out of being annoyed and whispered, "Damn it, I forgot that I had a short attention span. Look, I already told you! I'm you! I'm only from the future!"

Timmy pointed the remote at me and responded, "I can't be old! I'm going to stay here in television forever."

I pointed out, sadly, "Not if she has nothing to say about it."

Timmy asked, "Who are you talking about? It's time you gave me some answers!"

I wanted to smack my forehead at the thought of time but that was the reason I was here.

I answered, "Time: an enemy of mine. You see, in my future, Vicky had gotten her hands on some remote that was powered by magic! She was able to turn Dimmsdale and most of the world into a desolate wasteland! She's now the supreme ruler of the world. Going against everything I believed in and stood for, I joined her ranks and earned her trust. Slowly, she developed a time traveling project for one purpose...to kill me...as a young kid."

My younger self gasped and turned a ghostly white. I figured that bomb was going to be hard to swallow but the next one that I was going to give him was going to be bigger.

I added, "So, once the blueprints were in Chester and A.J.'s hands, I had not only betrayed them but hand them over to Vicky so I could go back in time to stop her crazy plans. It's the only way for the bleak future where I come from fade away into oblivion."

Timmy looked at me with pure terror in his eyes and asked, "You betrayed Chester and A.J.?"

I pointed out, "What else could I do? I had to cut off all of my ties to that future before coming here to the past. That way, I would have nothing to look back and worry about. It's a classic 'Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time' thing. I turned out to be a damn Mudkip in that game!"

Timmy shot me a 'huh' look before he blinked in total confusion.

I figured that was coming, so I added, "You'll find out about that game in April 20, 2008."

Before anyone could ask another question, Vicky showed up. I saw her remote and acted dumb. It convinced everyone, even Timmy.

I broke myself free from the chair and commented, "For the record, I could've done that at any time." I almost faced palmed at the mention of time again and yelled, "RUN!"

Once we were able to get away, Timmy shook my hand and told me, "You've got yourself a partner."

I smiled and told him, "Then, let's save the future."