~~~Prolouge~~~

As Magnus rushed onto the battlefield, Max and Thomas behind him, all three had to duck as a large ball of fire flew above their heads and hit the castle behind them. As the Warlock and his sons continued to run forward, they were surrounded by Shadowhunters and Downworlders taking down demons. All over the battlefield were warlocks with their marks proudly standing unglamoured as all their magic went toward the fight. In the middle of all the chaos stood Alec, Rafael, and Natalia. Alec and Rafael had switched from their bows to Seraph Blades to deal with the close quarters. Once Alec realized his husband was free, he fought harder, trying to give the three newcomers an opening to join them.

"Alexander!"

"Magnus!"

The two men embraced each other tightly while their four children fought around them.

"Nice to see you too Papa, but we're kind of in the middle of a battle?!" Rafael called over the chaos.

"I know." Magnus rolled his eyes before he and Alec rejoined the fight.

"Max, want to try the thing?" Natalia asked.

"Sure! Thomas, Rafe, cover us!" the blue-skinned boy responded, joining his twin cat-tailed sister in the middle of the family. Once their brothers had taken their positions, the warlocks joined hands.