~~~5~~~

When the two halves of the siblings reunited at the Institute, Alec, Izzy, Clary, and Luke were waiting for them. Jace and Simon greeted Madzie with a smile when she came through the portal with the boys.

"We know he's in Edom, and we know how to get there." Alec said, "But how do we get the Shadowhunters there?"

"We can use the alliance rune," Clary said, holding up her stele.

"But it's going to take forever to mark all the Shadowhunters and Downworlders that exist." Simon pointed out.

"We can have the Clave send a copy of the rune to all the institutes, have them put the Heads in charge of marking everybody, then have them all gather in Idris," Jace suggested.

"That would work, still would take several days though." Luke thought. "But with it being Magnus we're going after, a lot of Downworlders have already started doing their own bit of looking. I've packs I never knew existed giving me updates on their searches and it's only been two days."

Alec shook his head, "It'll have to do for now, I'll get the Clave on that."

"You will do nothing of the sort, Dad," Max said, as the man moved to send in the request. "I can tell you've been stressing. You need to rest."

"If that means we lock you in the prison cells, we'll do it." Rafe agreed with his younger brother. Jace, Isabelle, and Alec smiled. Rafael and Max reminded them so much of Alec when he was younger. The head of the sibling group, always taking responsibility and handling things others couldn't. "Everyone else here can deal with the Clave, you need to go home, and destress."

"I can't, not with Magnus still missing." Alec sighed sadly.

"You can tell me and Natalia stories about you and Papa?" Thomas suggested. He already knew he and his sister would be kept out of the way as much as possible, but there was no way the two youngest would be kept out of the mission to rescue their Papa.

"You've already heard them all." Alec laughed lightly.

"So? They're good stories, and I definitely have my favorites." Thomas defended with a smile. Once Alec had left with the two youngest Lightwood-Bane children, Clary sent a copy of her alliance rune and the instructions to the Clave. After that, it was just a matter of getting everybody marked and coming up with an actual battle plan.