~~~4~~~

"Where are Max and Rafe?" Natalia asked. Simon and Jace had taken the younger two Lightwood-Bane's to their apartment. Izzy was keeping an eye on Alec, making sure he didn't overwork or stress himself out.

"They're taking care of something," Simon answered.

"They should be looking for Papa." Thomas frowned.

"Don't worry about him," Jace assured the kids. "We'll find him. We have all Shadowhunters and Downworlders on the lookout. We'll find him eventually."

Before anything else could be said, Natalia fell to the ground, clutching her head, and let out a scream.

***

Max and Rafe had just returned to Catarina's store with Madzie when the younger collapsed with a scream and clutched his head.

///

When Max looked up, all he saw was blackness. Natalia appeared next to him in the same position. When they saw each other, the siblings hugged.

"What's happening?" Natalia asked through her tears.

"I don't know." Max sighed. The blackness turned a deep red and they could hear two voices.

"You will take your place upon the throne of Edom, or you will never see your pitiful excuse for a family again."

"Never!"

"If you don't agree, I'll kill everyone you love, except those stray warlocks you call your children. They might be useful to me."

"Don't you dare touch Max and Natalia!"

"Oh, but you can't do anything locked up here in Edom can you?"

///

Max and Natalia both returned to where they'd been before the vision, met with questions of if they were okay. They both only responded with the words, "He's in Edom!"