asking for help

James exits out of the note and sees a new note pop up, titled "extra info". He closes his notes app, ignoring the note. His lockscreen, which he didn't notice before, was a gun. "tsk avarage american." He says, turning off his phone and putting it in his pocket. He looks back in the box to see a pack of cheese-its at the bottom. He picks it up and tears open the packaging,  shoving every single cheese-its into his mouth when he feels a buzz from his pocket. He opens it to see a discord message from his bestie Ash Kabosu. He opens the app to read the message.

"James where r u?" Ash's message said. A new message from him appeared after he read the first one. "I thought we were supposed to stream today at 8? It's 9pm man". James looked at the time on his phone, then texted back "Its only 1 pm." Ash waited a minute to text back, then said, "James where the fuck are you?? Are you in California or some shit cos what." James pressed the call button and waited for Ash to pick up. He picked up on mute as James started talking immediately.

"Mate I'm in San Deigo California. I'm in America! This is all so odd. How many Americans do I know? I need to get to New York in a month without using a plane." James says, sighing. The other side was dead silent as he got a ping from their chat.

Ash typed "how the fuck did you get there", James replied out loud "I don't know! I fell asleep after stream yesterday I guess, I don't even know what day it is. But yeah I fell asleep then I woke up in a cardboard box. There are also notes on my notes app from the person who kidnapped me and they changed the wallpaper of my homescreen and lockscreen." James said and waited for a message back.

"doesn't Niki live in la? Maybe start there?" James stared at the message for a minute. "yeah, yeah I'll try. Thanks Ash."

Ash replied, "no problem. keep me updated and be safe." "I will," James said, ending the call. 

He immediately went to Google Maps and typed in Niki's address to find the distance from where he was to where she lived. "Fuck." He muttered under his breath. The only reason he knew her address was because he sent her a birthday gift a while back, but the drive was 2 hours and the walk was a full 2 days.

 It hit him suddenly that because the person took all the money out of his Venmo, he couldn't do anything. He needed money. The cheese-its calmed his stomach at the time but he lacked water and the more he thought about it, the more the food he had eaten was rising into his mouth. He started to feel bad for all the poor people he kicked. He went back on Discord then messaged Milcish, saying "Milly I'm in America cos I got kidnapped so I kinda can't stream can you like tell the other mods? Thanks I need to go try to stay alive. bye bye". 

As soon as he sent the message, Milly came online and messaged back, "What." just before James' phone died.