Are we there yet

Aimsey was driving with James sitting in the passenger seat. He was thinking about how to word this to aimsey. He knew that he was lucky that they were there at the same time he was. It was still weird.

"Aimee?" He said, after almost 10 minutes of silence.

"hm?" Aimsey says, keeping their eyes on the road. It's hard to drive in America since the roads are on the other side.

"who's at the hotel?" 

aimsey stays silent for a moment, thinking. "I think it should be Ranboo, Tubbo, Snifferish, and Karl. I don't remember. SHIT!"

"what??" James says, panicked.

"I forgot the fucking food! That's why I was there!" Aimsey says, cursing themself.

"oh" James says, more calm. It's okay, he knew those people. He didn't know Sniff personally, but they had mutual friends.

After a minute of silence, which seems to be reoccurring between the two today, Aimsey talks. "you know you can tell me what happened? Don't feel pressured to, like if you want to tell the others as well, but like, I just wanted to let you know."

"yeah. Uhm. So. I kind of got. Um. Kid..napped?" James says, sounding it out. It was weirder to say this to Aimsey than it was to Ash or Milly. Is that weird?

Aimsey remains calm and parks the car on an open field next to the freeway.

"James what the actual fuck." Aimsey says, not upset, but confused and worried.

"I don't know, okay!" James said, getting defensive. "I was at home like 12 hours ago and now I'm here."

"why didn't you call the fucking authorities??" 

"What are the 999 British authorities going to do!!??"

"911! The American authorities James!! " Aimsey said, raising their voice to match James' own. James sits for a minute.

"Sorry," James mutters, turning around.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have raised my voice," Aimsey said, feeling bad.

"I get it. I'm just stressed with the current situation."

"do you want to tell the others? Do you have a plane or something to get back home?"

"No, so uhm the person who kidnapped me stole all my money."

"That's wild." Aimsey turns the car on and the turn signals to get back onto the highway. I"know. It's cause I laugh at poor people." They raise an eyebrow, keeping their eyes on the road. "I also don't know if I want to tell them."

"They won't find it weird if that's what you're worried about."

"I guess."

"I don't want you to feel pressured, but I trust them."

"I'm not! I think it would be good. I want to meet Snifferish first though."

"Okay."

"how much longer till we get there?"

"It's been 15 minutes James"

"yeah, it feels like we should be in the next state over now."

"pfft. But well! Be there in about another 10 minutes."

"Are we there yet?"