So we lie here in silence

James sits for a few minutes, staring at his dead phone. It's probably a good idea to do something now. But what.

James stood up with his phone in his hand. He felt in his pocket and realized that he had his charger and, a 10 dollar bill, in American currency. He knew that he was outside of a building called "Costco". He walked out of the alleyway, squinting at the bright sun. James saw the entrance to the rather large building. He started walking when he heard a voice, making him stop in his tracks.

"James?" 

The voice sounded familiar. He slowly turned around to see Aimsey, staring back at the man with a confused look on her face.

"AIMEE!" He practically yelled, but he coughed, straightened out his posture, and pet down his coat, trying to look like he didn't just walk out of a dark alleyway and a box. "hello Aimee." James restated, acting more calmly. Aimsey and James stared at each other. They were both on the sidewalk next to the building, not in a public area but not a private one either.

"James, why didn't you tell us, or anyone that you would be in America? Did you get a gig here?" Aimsey spat out, worried about their friend's mental health. They noticed his slightly shaking hands, his eyes squinting, his hair messed up, and he was in the same clothes he was in last night's stream? Aimsey watched his stream before she decided to go live, and remembered that outfit when he did the fit check. Oh yeah, he was live last night and how is he already here??

"erm, i, uh.." James thought about telling the truth but also thought about lying. He didn't know what to say to them. 

Aimsey noticed the worried look on his face. They had no idea what to do. Both of them stood awkwardly, not knowing what to say. "Do, uhm.. You want to meet up and talk about this later?" Aimsey said, almost being cut off by James.

"NO! No. Uh. Why are you here..?" James asked.

"We're doing a video for misfits. I guess i forgot to tell you, i told everyone else that i was just going on vacation."

 "nice, nice. Uhm, fuck this is weird. Are you staying at a hotel?"

"yeah? We got a big room so everyone can be in the same room but not the same bed."

"mm. can i like, go? To charge my phone?" He held up his charger and his dead phone,showing her.

"oh yeah of course! Did you rent a car as well?"

James was silent for a second. "can i explain when we get there?"

"yeah. Lets go." Aimsey led him to their rental car. They got in, almost getting on the wrong side because American cars are flipped, but they get in then start driving in silence.