The beginning

Chapter one

I woke with a start, something wasn't right, I could feel it in my little 4 year old bones. I then flew up,hitting my head on the roof. Where did the roof come from? I thought to my self. I couldn't remember anything, I started crying and frantically looked around for something to remind me who I was and where I was. I realized in a couple minutes I was in a car, a 1997 Chevy I believe. The car smelled of piss mixed with perfume and smoke. A women with a white spotted dress stopped the car and got out. She looked like she was in her 30's. she was thin, with long blond hair, it was curly,she had deep set eyes, bright green, she looked like an angel.She walked around the car and open the door to the backseat " aw, you poor baby, I told you to wear your seat belt, are you okay?" She asked with a beautiful smile the type of smile that melts your heart and tears at you eyes until you want to cry, not from sadness but from the absolute beauty of it. I have only met two people in the world with that smile. You'll figure out who it is later on in the story.

"Yes.." my voice quivered as I spoke " Where am I? Who am I? Who are you?" I replied. She reached for me, I shook with fear and backed away to the other side of the seat

"Aww I'm sorry, did I startle you? You know my name, It's Marie! Your name Is Aduo" she said again with that smile. I couldn't help but smile back, It's just so beautiful. "We are going to your new family! " she replied to my previous question.

"My new family? What happened to my mom and dad?" As soon as I said that I realized something was wrong. My realization turned to fear as soon as the smiled faded from her lips.

"Sit back in the seat and shut up,no more questions" She answered angrily. her entire personality changed for the next few hours. I started crying again, this time cause of her. "Shut up you stupid child! If I tell you, your entire life will be fucked up, They were screwed up people, that's all you need to know" She said, with deep sorrow in her eyes. I stopped automatically, like someone cast a spell. I sat quietly for the next few hours, huddled in a ball holding my favorite game, Connect Four. I spent the rest of the time thinking about what she said, what did she mean when she said my entire life will be fucked up? What is going on here? Who are my parents? I have so many questions..hopefully they will all be answered eventually. I saw a few things on the ride there, I will list a few, a dog, a mailbox that had a certain number on it 272, and a white owl. I fell asleep eventually still holding onto the game and a stuffed animal that I had a special connection with,I don't know why I had one, I never have and never will.