Chapter 4

📍Abuja,Nigeria
S.A.L.I.M

After he got into the car, he leaned his head on the steering wheel, his heart was beating erratically, his thoughts were all about the stranger he saw at the mall.
She looks to young to be having panic attacks, one thing is for sure, something triggered it and by mere looks of it she has been through a lot.

No, it can't be love at first sight right?
His thoughts were cut off short by his ringtone.
"Hello umma"
"Hello Salim! have you gotten about the  stuffs at the mall?" his mom asked at the other end. He couldn't buy the stuffs because of the beautiful stranger he saw.
"Errrr... I'm at the mall currently umma, I just stopped to answer a call" luckily his mom agreed, but he felt bad for lying to her, anyhows he will tell her about it another time.
He went into the mall and bought some of the stuffs and went to the jewelleries section to buy a ring that caught his eye for his sister Safiya, she was not just a sister to him but a best friend. He saw the stranger yet again, two women were talking and her mind wasn't there. He contemplated whether to talk to her or not.
.....................................................................
Days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months. It has been 2 months since his encounter with "her" as he liked to tag it.The beautiful stranger he met at the supermarket whom has been on his mind literally all the time. Every time he goes out, he makes a silent wish to meet her, but unfortunately he never gets to see even a glimpse of her.

Salim was in the garden replying some mails on his laptop while munching on some Doritos because the house was so full and he couldn't concentrate inside because of the wedding preps. Suddenly,he heard sobs clearly from a lady, he turned to see who was crying and lo it was Safiya, his younger sister. Shock was an understatement for what he felt looking at his sister, Safiya was a lady that doesn't cry easily unless matters get worse. He stood up and dragged her to the bamboo seats in the garden then engulfed her in a bear hug, stroking her back and whispering sweet nothings to her ears.

When he was sure her sobs has subside, he went ahead to ask he what was wrong.
"Yaya can you imagine..." she sniffed "The makeup artist I booked for all the events of the wedding just cancelled my appointment...." she trailed off trying to calm herself down, because she was obviously agitated.
"Shhhh.. don't cry kinji, we will look for another makeup artist" Salim said
"No Yaya!!! She's one of the best fa" she roared.
"Don't worry, I will get another makeup artist in sha Allah " he said stroking her back.
"Are you sure Yaya?" she pouted.

" Yes, I will ask Najma to help me find one ASAP". Najma is one of Salim's acquaintance, they did their masters programs together.
"Thank you Yaya you're the bestttt!" Safiya said feeling giddy, her sour mood long gone. Saleem just smiled feeling contented that he brought a smile on his sister's face.

He called Najma and she picked on the third ring. "Alhaji dakansa"(The Alhaji himself) she said immediately she picked the call.
"Hajiya dakanta"( The Hajiya herself) he laughed, they exchanged pleasantries and he headed to the main reason for the phone call.
"Najma can you please recommend the best makeup artist you know?" he asked hoping the answer will be positive.
"Oh yeah, I know a handful of them but the best of the best is Rumaisa."

"My friends mentioned something about Rumaisa but i didn't really pay attention." Safiya murmured.
"Shut up!" He smacked her head.

"Owwww! Yaya it's painful fa, my soon to he husband must hear this." Salim just shook his head in amusement.
"Girl's really excited to be someone's wife" he thought
"Okay Rumaisa it is, how can we contact her?" Saleem said.
"I will send you her contact immediately"
"Okay thanks Najma, you really saved a life" he said teasingly.
Some few minutes later, Najma sent Rumaisa's contact and they called immediately. Thankfully she wasn't booked an she agreed to do the bride's makeup for the whole wedding while her staffs will do for the bridesmaids.

Safiya left her brother in the garden to meet some of her friends who just arrived and needed her attention, while Saleem was done replying his mails, he decided to surf the internet a bit to take his mind off some "certain things".
A call came through his phone and he answered immediately since it was Hajja, his mom.
"Assalamualaikum Hajja ta!"
"Waalaikumussalam Saleem na!"she replied with the same enthusiasm.
"I need you to go collect my laces from Hajiya Hauwa, my very good friend" she continued. He let out an exasperated sigh "Ahhhh hajja I just finished replying my mails and I had a lot of work to do, I'm very tired wallahi" he whined like a 4year old.

Hajja chuckled "Haba my Saleem, I really need those laces it's for..."
"Okay, okay I grab, send me the address of the house" he said interrupting her because he knew the explanation was just too much.
"Yauwa Dan Albarka" She said grinning as if he could see her. She ended the call and sent him the location immediately.

He got his phone, airpords and his car keys. He checked his dressing and it was normal to him, just a tee shirt, sweatpants and Crocs.
Something he has been obsessed of these days!
He got into the car and drove to the said location, he reached a gigantic and beautiful mansion. And the gates opened automatically as if awaiting his arrival. He decided to call Hajja to inform someone to bring the laces because as it is now, he needs to continue his work.
".....okay, she said she would send someone"
"Alright Hajja" he ended the call and proceeded to wait for the said person that will bring the laces.

Knock. Knock. Knock

It was a knock on his window, he turned to wind down his glass but freezed immediately. He saw the biggest shock of his life!

..................................................................

Cliffhanger!
So this chapter is kinda short okay, bear with us. We lack motivation from you guys, hence the delay for this chapter to be published. The chapter has been ready for like ages, but lack of motivation.
You guys should please vote, your vote matters! Thank you!

Vote
Comment and
Share

With love Rabiatuu
  And
Xoxo_shatuu