Chapter 1-Back to the Heart of The Country

Appaloosa stallions run fast in the tall grass and head towards the canyons, as a vehicle engine roars in the distance slowly approaching them. Inside of the old, but reliable Land Rover was none other than the musical legend himself, Sir James Paul McCartney. He was wearing a fruit-punch pink plaid shirt, with the sleeves half way rolled up, and aegean blue denim jeans, a seemingly ordinary style for such a well known person to wear. However, that's how Paul wanted it to be, as the last several years have been tumultuous for the man, with his family life dealing with one hectic thing after another, and now it's finally coming to a head as his romantic strings are being broken by what was meant to be his saving grace after losing the lovely Linda (Eastman) McCartney.

The vehicle puffed and rumbled as it rolled over the rough terrain of the Scottish gravelly hills, simultaneously with the horses who were still drawing near. With a pleased sigh, Paul rolled down his window, and turned his head to the neighboring steeds. "Hey! Long time no see, eh?" He giggled as he revved the engine, and sped past. Eventually, he arrived towards a deteriorating cottage made of peeling hickory brown pine, revealing the underlying moldy mahogany wood. As the small isolated chalet came closer to him, he closed his eyes as the vehicle came to a halt.

Silence filled the air as he slowly opened his eyes again, and he imagined the soft sound of bagpipes playing the tune of Mull Of Kintyre consuming him, and the faint visions of his younger self riding horse with his daughters Heather, Mary, and Stella appeared in the distance. This peaceful feeling was exactly what Sir Paul needed, and it delighted him so. Just as he closed his eyes again with another sigh, his daydream was shattered by the sound of his cell phone ringing which startled him.

"Hello?" He asked as he answered the phone, and switched the vehicle gears to park. "Christ sake Paul, I haven't got all day!" The phone snarled in a very anxious feminine voice. Paul soon nodded dismissively, once he had realized who was on the other end of the line, none other than the cause of the most recent stressors ; Heather Mills, the former model turned activist, and soon to be ex-wife of one of the most famous men in all of the United Kingdom. Sure, she was beautiful, and gave Sir Paul the blessing of fatherhood again, with the unexpected arrival of their shared daughter Beatrice, but was all the infatuation worth all the recent media chaos surrounding the marriage failure, or the supposedly inevitable debt that comes with divorcing such a paparazzi juggernaut?

Thoughts like this are constantly circulating around the mind of McCartney, who was even warned that he should've signed a prenuptial agreement with Heather Mills, instead of marrying so hastily by his own daughter Stella. "Yes, what's going on Heath....." Paul tried to respond as he rubbed his fingers against the skin between his eyes. "I have been texting you for the last hour, and I have an interview scheduled with Good Morning Glasgow...I need someone to watch over Bea, who doesn't need to be harassed by the media anymore....she's only 4....she deserves a childhood....that I apparently can't provide for her.....because of this divorce shite!" Heather rambled obnoxiously as Paul quietly snickered at the unnecessary amount of insanity inside Heather's voice inflections.

"Alright.....alright sorry..." Paul began as he collected himself, and heard Heather groan on the other end. "I didn't hear the phone buzzin' I just arrived at my old cottage farm outside Campbeltown.....reception is very poor......" Paul continued as Heather tried to get a word in edgewise. "Look, I don't care what your excuse for not answering me is......all I want to know is, can you handle Beatrice or not?" She eventually snapped back, as Paul slowly face palmed and removed the phone from his ear momentarily. "Heather......when have I ever had an issue with watching our daughter?.....of course I'll watch her." He answered, trying to avoid an argument. "Great, I'll have the nanny bring her by, in about a half hour....." Heather agreed, and quickly hung up before Paul could add his thoughts.