Chapter 26: Return to Scotland

A few days later, Paul had returned to the Scotland cabin, however, he was by himself as Beatrice was returned to Heather Mills's.  Paul had been thinking about the trip nonstop since returning as he was absolutely stunned by Nancy Shevell. "Just call her....." he whispered as he pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. He trembled as he held the paper, and sighed as he placed the paper on the coffee table. With another deep breath, he stood up from his recliner, and walked up to the rotary phone, and dialed on it as he looked back at the living room. "Hello?" A sweet voice said as Paul smiled with relief, as he looked ahead. "Mary? Hello my dear......." Paul said happily as Mary giggled on the other end.

"Dad, it's so nice to hear from you, how was your trip? Did you and Beatrice have a good time?"  Mary asked enthusiastically as Paul chuckled. "We did......Beatrice got to ride the teacups, bumper cars, a couple roller coasters, and meet Disney characters, and my interview went well with Fallon ...y'know." He explained as Mary vocalized that she was happier than ever to hear him. "Excellent, glad you were able to do all of that with Beatrice alongside you.....you both were in need of a vacation." Mary answered as Paul nodded.  "Yeah, but um....Mary, that's not why I called you, I actually need to talk about something else, something else more important." Paul began nervously as he walked towards the living room, and reached to the coffee table to grab the piece of paper he had left.

"Oh? What's that?" Mary asked with worry as he cleared his throat. "Um....well....erm." He choked as he bit his nails and cheek. "Tell me dad ...Are you sick? Are you hurt? What's wrong?" Mary asked with panic. "No...no...nothing like that..... It's um....just hard to talk about...." Paul stammered. "You can trust me dad ....I'm someone who's safe to confidently confide in." Mary said comfortingly as Paul took a breath. "Well..during my trip..... I met someone....someone who was very considerate and compassionate with me and Beatrice.....her name's Nancy Shevell..." Paul began in a very anxious way. "Ahhh....I see...and you like her?" Mary asked as Paul looked down with shame. Paul soon got silent, and as he did this he heard Stella in the background groan with annoyance. "Stella hush!" Mary scolded as Paul looked back up with his eyes watering.