Chapter 18: Paul's parenting panic

Paul eventually finished his interview with Jimmy Fallon, and as he left the studio he caught Barbara alone without Beatrice. "Uhhh.....Barbara?" Paul asked as he approached her with concern, as she smiled sweetly at him. "Hey Paul, how was your interview with Fallon? Quite the fantastic audience he's got, eh?" Barbara asked as Paul's eyes raced around trying to find Beatrice, although he knew she was not there. "Where the hell is Beatrice?" Paul asked, ignoring Barbara's inquiry on his interview. "She's just fine....I promise you..." Barbara answered as Paul scoffed. "Okay, but WHERE is SHE?" Paul asked with worry as Barbara placed her hand on his left shoulder. "She is headed to studio D, and she's gonna be attending a live show meant for children, and she's just fine." Barbara answered as Paul sighed deeply with annoyance.

"You were gonna watch her for me......ughh, Barbara you know as much as I do that Heather is going to lose her lid if anything were to happen to Beatrice." Paul explained with anxiety as Barbara's smile faded. Meanwhile, Arlen was walking through the hallway trying to hold on to Beatrice, and looking for Studio D. "How old are you again?" Arlen asked as he adjusted her, and she looked at him with her innocent blue and hazel eyes. "4" She answered as Arlen laughed, as he adjusted her again. "4? Really I could have sworn you were like 6..." Arlen teased as he grabbed Beatrice's thigh. "Why?" Beatrice asked as Arlen grunted. "You're quite tall, and heavier than what I thought a four year old would be." Arlen answered. "Mummy says being vegan makes me a big girl.....how old are you?" Beatrice replied as Arlen adjusted her again.

"I'm 16..." Arlen answered as Beatrice turned her head to look at the stage signs "That says the letter B." Beatrice said as she pointed at the stage sign next to them. "Why it does.....Barbara says your characters you're gonna meet are in room D." Arlen said as he fixed his grasp of her again. "I know my ABCs.....B is for Beatrice! That's me! B-E-A-T-R-I-C-E....that's how you spell me!" Beatrice soon said proudly as Arlen began to place her down to the floor. "Sorry I gotta put you down, but we should be near Studio D..." Arlen said as he held on to Beatrice's hand. "It has to be after the letter C......" Beatrice said as she followed Arlen down the hallway.