Chapter 4- Daddy's mistake/Daughter's misery

Mary!?" A voice questioned very loudly as two hands clapped together flamboyantly, making Mary jump with fright at the sight of her younger sister standing next to her table. "Oh Stella, how long have you been standing there?" Mary asked as she composed herself, and smiled at Stella who's wavy reddish blonde hair was clipped behind her ears with a golden hair pin in the shape of an "S", she was wearing a lavish faux fur coat with zebra stripes, a black skirt made of silk, paired with navy blue high heels embroidered with diamonds, and a matching handbag on her left shoulder that said "STELLA * MCCARTNEY" on the front of it.  "Mary, did you hear me!?" Stella asked anxiously as she put her purse down, and Mary shook her head at the extravagance of Stella's attire. "No....sorry..... I was thinking about the day we were riding my horse Jet through town....remember that?" Mary asked, trying to calm her sister down.

"Mary there's more important things happening!?" Stella blurted out as she sat down, not caring about what Mary had said. "Okay...haha...sorry Stell....what's wrong?" Mary chuckled as she watched Stella sit down across from her and rummage in her huge purse. "Did you read this week's magazine from The Sun UK?" Stella asked as she handed over a tabloid magazine to Mary.  "Madeleine McCann's parents proven guilty?! What a load!" Mary asked as she read aloud from the front cover, as Stella rolled her eyes. "Not that! Skip to page 23..." Stella corrected as she pointed at another article advertisement on the left of the page. Stella leaned over the table as she impatiently watched Mary flip to the article. 

Mills VS. McCartney:  Heather Mills claims estranged husband Sir Paul McCartney paid off fans and paparazzi to harass her and their daughter Beatrice McCartney (age 4).  Following the explosive interview on GTV this past July, activist Heather Mills continues to defend herself against accusations of being a gold digger of her spouse's wealth, and campaigns her petition for stricter laws against paparazzi stalking within the United Kingdom.

"I can't take much more of her lies to the media!" Stella huffed as she crossed her arms, and watched Mary shut the magazine. "Same....but what can we do about it?" Mary asked sadly as she took a sip of her coffee. "Dad needs to defend himself....he's just letting his name get slandered!" Stella shouted as she banged her fist on the table, and Mary shook her head. "Stella....you and I both know that he won't ever do that in a million years." Mary said, trying to shoot Stella back down to reality, as she rested her hand on her forehead. "Why not!? He knows damn well Heather Mills is lying?!" Stella continued, still riled up by the news. Mary raised her eyebrows and looked at her sister in a no-nonsense manner.

"Beatrice....." Mary and Stella soon said together once Stella had grasped what Mary had been getting at. "Yep, as long as Beatrice is still a small child he won't ever bash Mills.....he promised mum, George Harrison, and John Lennon's graves...." Mary explained as Stella pouted. "I love Beatrice as much as I do you, Heather, and James, she was a miracle for the family after losing mum, but why does her mother have to be Heather Mills?!" Stella asked with disgust as Mary nodded with understanding. "Don't blame the kid Stella......she's innocent in all of this...." Mary soon said as Stella nodded in agreement. "Dad was very alone, and grieving.... I mean he was married to mum for twenty nine years, and had four children together....it absolutely broke him to lose her." Mary defended as Stella nodded again.

"Then Heather Mills came along, saw how desperate he was, and stole his heart...." Mary explained as Stella sighed. Stella remembered the night that she and Paul had met Heather Mills, and it disgusted her greatly. It was the 1999 Pride of Britain Awards, and Paul had just received a trophy in honor of his late wife Linda McCartney's work in vegetarianism. Linda had just passed away less than a year ago from cancer, and this was Paul's second public appearance since her death. His first public appearance after becoming a widower was when he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, in late 1998 where he appeared extremely intoxicated during his speech, so much in fact, that Stella had to help him stand up.