Meeting the Devil

Crew-mate log 31/10/2048

Venter, a beloved member of the team, a brother, a friend, a lover. Gone from something we terribly created. I.WILL.END.THIS.FEAR.

22:10 PM

Everyone was asleep. Well not exactly everyone. Banana was wide awake, couldn't sleep. 

She was processing the events of today. she wanted to know what the creature's motives were. Who it was. 

She laid on her bed thinking carefully. A friend had lost someone that meant  the world to her.

She was lost in thought until, the sudden disturbing, nauseating  squelching sounds came from upper engine. 

She slipped her glasses on, tying up her hair into a ponytail, checking on her little mini crew-mate sleeping in his crib then went on to explore with her flashlight. 

She rubbed her eye as she walked cautiously and carefully. 

Then came into contact with a crime scene. A shredded coral spacesuit sat in the corner. Pure muscle hanging off the bones limbs ripped up and in small pile along with flesh and bone. 

She looked in horror to move her flashlight to see the green suited captain covered in blood, drool and sweat. 

The figure turned scared pulling out a knife, looking shocked scared. Sharp teeth formed as, she kept moving towards him. 

"Charlie stop it and put that stupid knife down, its me Fleur." She hissed. (she was tired) 

He put the knife back into his belt and wiped his mouth, trying to hide what he was doing, cleaning it up. 

"Don't snitch on me please" His voice was croaky and scratchy, almost demonic, he was scared, hungry. 

Fleur rolled her eyes in a jokingly manner. She already knew it was him. How? During the meeting she spotted a speck of blood on his glasses. He kept quiet throughout the meeting. 

"Now why would i snitch on you, you plank, just clean this and your face up befor-

"Who's there!?" limey's voice echoed.

Fleur opened the vent quickly placing the evidence in the vent, and shoving Rat into the vent closing it.

Rat rubbed his head.

"What are you doing here and especially at this time?" Limey's suspicions were risen as a nervous smile crept onto Fleur's face. 

"I couldn't sleep, also heard noises from this very vent, see claw and blood marks. I took photos."

Limey nodded and walked off, he wasn't trusting anyone. But was willing allow this moment to slide. 

Fleur checked that he was out of sight and pulled Rat out of the vent. Cleaning his face with a cloth. 

"From now on you stay with me, got it? Don't want to lose you.....but also i already had a few other ideas of my own..." she pulled out a gun from her belt. 

Rat nodded. He seemed to trust her with his secret.

She leaned in and kissed his cheek "Now go to sleep, sleep is good for you sweetheart we have work to do tomorrow." she smiled softly and left him.

Rat's heart pounded fast, a smile crept upon his pale face. "Good night my love." He said quietly, he was in love. Despite the cold calculated creature that was trapped in him, he felt warmth.