0.2 Strangers in the school

"Freshmen, listen up! Alaterne is based on the lonesome witch's independence, always remember you are carrying the Alaterne name, any misdeeds are not tolerated here

"Freshmen, listen up! Alaterne is based on the lonesome witch's independence, always remember you are carrying the Alaterne name, any misdeeds are not tolerated here. Now then, if you have any questions, please ask me and I will answer all your questions. We have assigned you different buildings so please make sure you remember your building number and rooms. Each building will cater to sixteen freshmen, four to each room." Sol informed, as he settled the freshmen into different groups. "You will find bunk beds and orientation baskets on each bed, please sort out the allocation of the beds amongst yourselves. Each basket has my magicam so you may choose to contact me there."

As Sol started his headcount and sent off each of the freshmen to their respective buildings, murmurs started building up in the crowd. Each person whispered about different things regarding the school.

"Did you hear? I can't believe that THE Malleus Draconia goes to this school!"

"Me neither! I'm really in the same school as Vil Schoenheit! I could die happy!"

"Our prefect can really do anything to perfection! He is so naturally gifted!"

"I wonder what happened to the magicless kid."

"Yuu? I overheard some older students saying that they saw them going to an abandoned building on the campus"

"Yikes."

Seems that they got less freshmen then the previous year, just by looking at the few spare baskets that remained. Chucking all of the leftover baskets on the desk, Sol began deliberating on what he should do with the rest of them. Maybe he'll just save them for next year? Where would he even put them though? Carrying them up and down the tower was a trek in itself. Having to do the same next year already built dread in Sol's stomach. He flops onto the bed and pulled out his phone.

"Tablets can go to schools now???? Bro taking online classes fr"

"Malleus Draconia rlly goes to NRC?"

"VIL NRC NRC NRC"

Yeah, that does seem to be the general, basic things they get. Though, Sol always gets confused on why on Earth Vil fans still get shocked that Vil goes to Night Raven College.

"New magicless student??"

Sol squinted at his phone, something that Vil would definitely reprimand him for. "The magicless stu- Oh! That magicless student! I could just give one of the baskets to him!"

"I can't believe I allowed a monster to stay on campus. I'm sure it will be fine, for I am gracious! He's working as a janitor afterall." Whilst approaching the abandoned building, there appears to be a person who is pacing back and forth as he mutters to himself. Ignoring Crowley, Sol simply knocked on the door.

When Yuu opened the door, instead of what he assumed would be the Headmage coming back after he forgot something, it was a young man. He was shorter than himself, like all of the other students, he also wore the strange robes that he saw earlier. In his hands was a basket, which appeared to carry various items, but he couldn't recognise any of the packaging though.

"You're Yuu, correct? Allow me to introduce myself, I am Sol Edelweiss, the housewarden of Alaturne. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." Shifting the basket to one hand, Sol held out the other in a handshake.

Whilst shaking hands and greeting one another, Yuu let him in. "Sorry about the mess, it's a bit hard all things consid-"

"Hey! Who's that?" Grim yelled from the balcony on the second floor. "You got the great magician Grim, another henchman? Wonderful work henchman 1! Henchman 2, what's in the basket?" As the words came out of his mouth, Grim came running down the stairs, "I smell food!"

Sol brushed off any of the remaining dust on the small coffee table and placed the basket, taking out its contents. "Well, we had some extra orientation baskets that we typically give to the freshman and I thought you would need some help. It has pretty much everything you need. I put in some extra stuff for you too, since you don't have access to a dormitory kitchen. Things like canned food and what not, plus a map that we usually give to our freshmen!"

"Why would you give me all this stuff?" Yuu held up the cans and other products in the basket, they ranged from skincare to stationary, everything a student would need. For a janitor however? That's a bit questionable. Inspecting the items closer, all of the brand names seem to be knockoffs of Earth's products. Names of each product were slightly changed or were completely unrecognisable. The fact that he is in an entirely new world is a concept that remains so strange to Yuu. It still feels like a realistic dream, one where he'll wake up in his bed, staring up at the blank, white roofs and returning to his mundane routine.

"Hmm? Well darling, consider it a sort of gift of charity. It's just a little gift to get you on your feet. Whilst, Alaterne does not represent generosity, that isn't to say that the members of Alaterne can't be generous." As Grim attempts to claw his way into the gift basket, Sol simply responds with gentle pats to his head. "That being said, it was merely out of concern that our Headmage would simply leave you to fend for yourself, and it looks as though that concern was correct." A look of disgust took over his face as he scanned the sloppily cleaned room. Mountains of dust practically lived in the abandoned shack. Just imagining living amongst the mice, critters and the snow-like dust was a nightmare.

Pushing himself off of his seat, Sol dusted himself off. "Oh, if there is anything else I can help with, let me know. My magicam account is in the basket. Any other item you would need would be found in the store." Sol bidded the two goodbye, waving at them before taking his leave.

Yuu waved back, watching the hooded man leave. "His account huh? Wait, I don't even have a phone! Also what the heck is a magicam..?"

As the day ended, frankly Yuu was left with more questions than answers. At Least his stomach was full, his brain is a completely different matter though.

Sol meandered back to the mirror chamber, simply indulging in the late night stroll. As he passed through the main courtyard, through the corner of his eye, he could spot a familiar burst of green fireflies.

Naturally with them, was a familiar face. Who would have thought Malleus Draconia would be sulking by himself, only accompanied by the moonlight and a few nocturnal creatures with no fear. Sol chuckles behind the sleeves of the ceremonial robes before approaching the fearsome prince.

"Now Mal-chan, may I inquire as to why you are here? You know that Silver and that new retainer of your's are probably running around like headless chickens."

Malleus gives a small grin before directly facing Sol.

"Simply enjoying a late night stroll. Care to join Edelweiss?" Malleus proposed, his eyes glittering in anticipation.

"Will I need to hear your 12 page essay on the history of gargoyles?" Sol teased, leaning forward towards Malleus.

"Naturally." A quick response from Malleus as the two headed off. 

Words:1206

Words:1206

Edited?: No