New chapter of life

!!TW!! - mention of anxiety, abuse, pills

Time skip to next Monday

RILEY'S POV

My alarm blares in my ears as I open my eyes realising I fell asleep with my phone in my hand. I go to snooze my alarm, giving myself an extra 10 minutes of sleep as it is only 6:15am. Then I realise that I don't have time to sleep because I'm getting picked up at 7 to go to London! God how could I be so stupid to almost forget.

I stand up off of my mattress that sits in the corner of my tiny room on the floor. I walk over to my suitcase to pack a few last minute things. Including a polaroid photo of me and Esme at training which I carry around with me as a memory. I quickly shove a few more Nike undershirts to wear under my jersey, better to be safe than sorry. I don't want any of the girls to see my arms. I knew that I was going to get supplied with a whole suitcase filled with England clothes so I didn't have to pack that much.

I look over to my window seal and see an array of pill bottles. I swiftly grabbed all of them and shovelled them in the front of my suitcase along with my sleeping pills and eye drops. I know I probably won't take my meds but it won't hurt to bring them just in case of an emergency as Esme would be so mad if she found that I didn't bring them.

I didn't want to risk making my way to the bathroom in case of waking up my mum so I pulled out my concealer from under my mattress which is where I hide it from my mum along with a bunch of other items.

Over the past week I've had some brutal beatings leaving me with even more marks and bruises around my body luckily only the ones on my face are visible. My self harm has not improved much either after having another episode last night, remembering to change my bandages before I leave.

I apply concealer to my face, blending it out until you can no longer see them. The large cut on my back was slowly healing but still being very visible on my face.

I changed into some black Nike joggers along with my Sunderland academy jumper. I put the hood on stopping from anyone being able to see the bruises scattered along my neck.

Grabbing my toiletries bag that I had packed last night checking that I had everything packed. I lift my mattress up, grabbing a few fresh blades and putting them in just in case I need them along with my concealer. I wouldn't need my concealer for long as these bruises would fade but just for the first few days.

I reach for my phone looking at the time seeing that it's 6:55am, the driver should be here any minute. I quickly put my phone charger in and zip up my suitcase. I carefully make my way down the stairs carrying my suitcase to avoid making any noise than could wake up my mother.

Walking past the kitchen I quickly grab a protein bar and start eating it before I see the driver pull up outside my house. I finish eating my protein bar and grab my suitcase dragging it behind me leaving this hell of a place I call home for the last time. I had already grabbed my boots and shin guards out of the bushes last night when my mum had fallen asleep so I didn't have to do it this morning.

I made my way to the car and placed my suitcase in the trunk before getting into the back of the car greeting the driver. He introduced himself and we made small talk as we started our journey before I decided to put my headphones in and listen to music for the rest of the way.

The 5 and a half hour journey went surprisingly fast because before I knew it I saw the St. Georges park sign. This is where I could feel my anxiety begin to rise in me. What have I gotten myself into? There was no turning back now.

My leg begins to jitter and I find my hand up near my mouth as I begin to bite my nails. I feel the car come to a stop and I look outside to see us parked outside of a huge training centre. This had to be at least triple the size of my Sunderland academy training centre.