no way

[Name] paused, their hand raised in a hesitant gesture. "Before we proceed, I think it might be good to check Ponyta's stats," they suggested, their voice heavy with reluctance. Their clenched fists betrayed their inner turmoil as they momentarily looked away from the heart-wrenching scene before them. It felt like turning a blind eye to the suffering Pokémon, and the frustration in their voice was evident.

"Stats?" Amber questioned, her voice tinged with a deep sense of helplessness. She understood the necessity for planning, but the overwhelming desire to rush in and save the Pokémon was gnawing at her. As an Outrider and someone who was gradually growing attached to Pokémon, her instincts urged her to take immediate action.

"Rotomdex."

Once more, the trusty Pokédex made its appearance. "Allow me to explain it! My capabilities encompass the ability to discern gender, special abilities, levels, and the set of moves a Pokémon possesses. Isn't that truly remarkable, bzzt?"

"Levels, move sets, abilities? Paimon's more baffled than ever," Paimon admitted, her head tilting to the side as she rested a finger upon her chin, a picture of confusion.

[Name] nodded, understanding that this information could be crucial in the upcoming rescue mission. They turned to Rotomdex, gesturing for the little Pokedex to proceed.

"Okay, let's break it down," Rotomdex chirped enthusiastically. "Every Pokémon has a level, which basically indicates how experienced and powerful they are. Levels can range from 1 to 100, with 100 being extremely rare and powerful. Think of it as a measure of a Pokémon's strength and maturity. It makes it easier to know what the Pokemon can learn at a certain level, or even just to evolve."

Aether leaned in, his interest piqued. "So, higher-level Pokémon are generally stronger?"

"Exactly!" Rotomdex confirmed. "Higher-level Pokémon tend to have more advanced and powerful moves. Which brings us to move sets. Pokémon have a set of moves or attacks they can use in battles. These moves can vary widely and can be of different types, like Fire, Water, Grass, and so on. Pokémon can learn new moves as they level up or through various other methods like TMs or HMs."

Amber nodded in understanding. "So, moves can be either offensive or defensive, right?"

"Correct!" Rotomdex chimed. "Some moves deal damage to opponents, while others provide protection or have special effects. It's all about strategy and choosing the right moves in battles."

Paimon, still slightly puzzled, sought clarification. "And what about these abilities you mentioned earlier?"

"Ah, abilities!" Rotomdex replied with a twinkle of excitement. "Abilities are unique traits or passive effects that Pokémon have. These abilities can influence battles in various ways, like making certain types of moves more powerful, preventing status conditions, or even changing the weather during a battle."

Amber leaned forward, eager to grasp the nuances. "So, a Pokémon's ability is like its special power?"

"Exactly!" Rotomdex confirmed. "Think of it as a natural advantage that Pokémon have. Sometimes, these abilities can make a big difference in battles or help them overcome challenges."

Aether, Amber, and Paimon exchanged glances, now equipped with a basic understanding of Pokémon levels, move sets, and abilities.

"Alright, I think we've got the hang of it," Aether said, his tone filled with determination. "Now, let's focus on saving those Pokémon from those poachers."

"Of course," [Name] said with a firm nod. They turned to Rotomdex, gesturing for the helpful Pokedex to proceed. They wanted to ensure Ponyta would be prepared for any situation they might encounter.