interlude one

As the group emerged from the temple, the weight of their mission finally lifted from their shoulders. Lisa and Pikachu hurried ahead, eager to relay the news of their success to Jean and the other knights.

"Ah, fresh air at last," Paimon exclaimed, taking in a deep breath as she stretched her arms. "I don't know about you two, but Paimon's ready for some well-deserved rest."

[Name] nodded in agreement, a sense of accomplishment washing over them. "Definitely. But first, we should check in with Jean. We need to discuss our findings about Dvalin and figure out our next move."

Aether nodded, his expression serious. "Agreed. We can't afford to let our guard down, especially with Stormterror still looming over Mondstadt. If I was the dragon I wouldn't wait around as humans destroyed the source of power"

Paimon's eyes widened at the mention of Dvalin. "Wait, you mean we have to face that scary dragon again?!"

[Name] chuckled, placing a reassuring hand on Paimon's shoulder. "Don't worry, Paimon. We'll handle whatever comes our way, just like we always do."

Finally, the group set off back to the City of Freedom, walking down the path.

"Look, the birds. Paimon never seen those kinds of birds!" As Paimon pointed excitedly to the sky, [Name] followed her gaze and found themselves marveling at the sight above. Aether's gasp only confirmed the spectacle they were witnessing: a flock of Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot soaring gracefully through the clouds. Their eyes moved to see various flying Pokemon in the sky.

But the surprises didn't end there. Another sound drew their attention, and they turned to see a gathering of Rattata and Raticate nearby. And in the distance, a herd of Ponyta and Rapidash galloped freely through the fields, their fiery manes blazing in the sunlight. [Name] wonder if it is the same herd, Amber's Ponyta is from.

"It's as if they sense the change in the air," [Name] mused, their voice filled with wonder as they watched the Pokémon go about their day. They paused in the middle of the path, the wind gently tousling their hair and clothes, creating a sense of tranquility in the moment.

Paimon and Aether joined them, sharing in their awe of the scene unfolding before them. It was a reminder of the harmony that could exist between humans and Pokémon. As [Name] stood there taking it all in, surrounded by the beauty of nature and the Pokémon that inhabited it, a sense of peace washed over them, filling their hearts with hope for the future.

As [Name] felt the warmth of joy spreading through them, their laughter bubbled up, filling the air with pure happiness. They turned to their friends, eyes sparkling with delight, and gestured toward the multitude of Pokémon before them.

"Look at all the Pokémon, guys! I never thought I would see this," they exclaimed, their voice filled with awe and wonder.

Aether couldn't help but chuckle at their friend's excitement, finding it endearing. "It is a beautiful sight," he agreed, his gaze lingering on [Name] with a fondness he couldn't quite conceal but they didn't seem to notice and he did not mind at all as he took in the scene before him.

With a mischievous grin, [Name] dashed ahead, their laughter trailing behind them like music. "The last one there is a rotten Exeggcute!" they called out playfully, their joy infectious.

Paimon's voice rang out in protest as she hurried to catch up, her tiny cape fluttering frantically behind her. "Hey! Where are you going, [Name]!? Wait for Paimon!" she exclaimed, determination in her eyes as she chased after her friend.

Aether shook his head fondly at the sight, a smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Those two..." he murmured, but there was warmth in his voice as he followed after them, the thrill of the moment pulling him along.