2. The Gala

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫
MARIA
≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

The Gala starts in exactly 30 minutes and both Rach and I were all ready to go. The venue is luckily no more than a 5 minute drive down the road so there was no rush.

My mum had texted me roughly 15 minutes ago to let me know they'd be stopping by the hotel to drop Mateo off with me as he apparently wanted to show me his outfit and walk into the Gala alongside me. Though I've only been a big sister for 2 years, it's possibly been the best 2 years of my life.

I couldn't ask for anyone but my little Matty as a sibling, he was perfect in every way. From his dark brown hair and bright green eyes to his bubbly and happy little personality, all of him was perfect and I only hope he continues to stay the same for the rest of his life.

Just as I realised that we should start heading down to the lobby to meet my parents and Mateo, Rach stormed into my room squealing in excitement. Looks like I'll be walking into the Gala with 2 kids latched onto me and not just 1 like I originally thought.

"Do calm down babe, if you start squealing in front of the drivers everyone's going to be scared of you. Just act like you do with my uncle," I suggested as I put on my matching dark green heels to my dress.

"May I remind you it took me weeks to be able to speak to Fernando without sounding like a dying pig!" She snapped at me in a panic as I grabbed ahold of her shoulders. If she doesn't sort herself out I know tonight is going to be stressful.

"Right! I love you but get a grip! Your best friend is a famous actress, her uncle is also an f1 driver and you are around famous people all the time! You can do this Rach, just remember to breathe in and out," I got a quick nod of the head as a response as she calmed down rather quickly. "Right, c'mon Matty is waiting for us downstairs."

We linked our arms together as we left the hotel room with our purses in our available hand and headed straight to the lobby. I already felt the cold air from outside as we exited the lift and I regretted not bringing a cardigan or anything with me but I guess I'll have to survive.

There was no time to go back upstairs when I already had a 4 year old boy hugging my leg excitedly, "Maria!" He beamed.

"Matty!" I beamed straight back at him before picking him up and holding him tightly before walking over to my parents. "So, what's the plan?"

"Well, you're obviously now taking Mateo but your father, uncle and I will be heading straight off to the venue now in hopes of being a few minutes early. You can turn up whenever you wish, your Uncle Fernando recommends sooner rather than later and then after that we'll just see where the night takes us," my mother explained as I nodded along. 

"What about Matty in terms of bedtime?"

My parents looked at one another before shrugging, "it's a case of when he's tired we head off even if that's 30 minutes into the evening."

I gave my parents a quick hug and a smile with Mateo still in my arms before they headed off. "Please tell me I'm allowed to get drunk tonight?" Rach asked a she looked at me hopefully.

"Rach I'm not your mum, go ahead and do whatever you want tonight babe," I laughed at her, even when we went out for the night to a club or someplace specifically to get drunk, Rach still has a habit of asking if she can even have one drink.