Chapter 6

Chapter the 6th - Going Out.

DAN’S POV

Before I knew it, it was nearly two months since I had dumped the parasite otherwise known as Rachel. Wow, it seemed so long ago that I forced myself into her embrace - since I had felt the cool touch of her nails against my cheeks - since I had kissed her on the couch.

Why did I do it? Why did I put myself through so much torture? I furrowed my brow as I struggled to remember. Then it hit me like a sledgehammer: I wanted to keep my mind of Phil. My mind had been wondering. I had begun to have weird dreams…

I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I was over that, wasn’t I?

+             *             +             *

Due to the special occasion I decided Phil and I needed to go and celebrate. A night out sounded like fun. I went to go and tell Phil of my plans, but he was in the shower. An idea dawned on me. I chuckled quietly as I stood next to the door. I could tell he was nearly finished, considering the sound of running water and him singing were both gone. Now all I had to do was to wait.

Was it a little odd I was waiting for my friend to get out of the shower like this? Perhaps, but I didn’t mind. It was my job as Phil’s best friend to scare the crap out of him at least once a day. Suddenly I heard the soft snick of the lock and the door swung open.

I jumped out in front of Phil and screamed, waving my arms madly. Phil shrieked and dropped the towel he had draped around his top half. I tried not to stare at the smooth white expanse of his shoulders. He gasped, his mouth splitting into a grin. “God Dan, you have me a heart-attack. I thought I was going to die!” He exclaimed. I laughed manically, tearing my eyes off his pale skin.

“Well, considering I’ve caught your attention, I was wondering if you’d like to go out tonight.” I asked, and an instant later I regretted it. I saw scarlet flash on Phil’s cheeks, and felt mine do the same. “I mean, it’s nearly been two months since Rachel… to celebrate…” I mumbled, and saw Phil smile. “Sure, sounds like fun.” He said, before walking into his room and closing the door. I was left staring at the towel he had dropped.

+             *             +             *

PHIL’S POV

I closed the door and let out a shaky breath. For a moment I had actually thought Dan felt the same way as me. For a moment I thought he knew. For a single, tiny moment I thought he loved me back.

But I guess I was wrong. I sighed and ran my fingers through my damp hair. Although it wasn’t particularly a date, going out for the night sounded like fun. I smiled as I thought about it more and more. Yes, this would be fun.

+             *             +             *

We agreed upon the time of 8 pm to begin our partying. We were going to get a bite to eat, and then hit the clubs. Now the hardest part: choosing something to wear. Like I said, it wasn’t a date, but that doesn’t mean I can’t try to impress Dan. Going out to celebrate with Dan would be fun, but at the clubs there was the potential threat of him meeting another girl, which I really didn’t want to happen. I’d been through enough.

Eventually (after trying on my entire wardrobe) I settled on my clothes: a checked shirt blue and black shirt with black skinny jeans and converse. I stood there for a few minutes in front of the mirror, fretting like a peacock, until I was satisfied. I straightened my hair and went out to meet Dan.

I walked quietly down the hallway, well, as quietly as converse would allow, and peered into the lounge room. Dan was sitting on the couch, madly playing Skyrim. He was wearing tight black jeans and his famous patchwork shirt. His hair shone, it so brown and straight. I felt butterflies take wing inside me. I shivered. This would be interesting.

I entered the room and Dan hit pause on his game, turning to face me. I thought I saw his eyes widen for a second and he looked me up and down, but I couldn’t be sure. “Ready to go?” he asked, turning off the PS3. I nodded and he stood up, brushing off his jeans. “Let’s go!”

+             *             +             *

We walked into the dark club and instantly felt the bass of the music thrumming inside us. The music was incredibly loud and bright neon lights flashed on and off. We peered down to the dance floor where we could see a boiling mass of bodies, dancing to the music. A DJ was close by. Dan grabbed me by the hand and we struggled towards the bar. He ordered us cocktails and pulled me onto a seat. “Isn’t this great?” he asked, raising his voice above the music. I nodded with a grin. Our drinks came and I took a large swallow. Dan did the same. The party had started.

As the night wore on Dan and I consumed more than a few cocktails, but we spent most of our time on the dance floor. My heart beat matched the tempo of the music. I tried really hard to ignore the stares and points at Dan, heck, some were even looking at me, but it was so hard. Dan didn’t give s crap, though. He stayed by my side for the entire time.

DAN'S POV

“Give us another round please!” I called as I slid onto one of the seats. Phil jumped onto one beside me. The drinks came and I took a sip, when I heard a flutter of giggles to my left. I turned and saw a girl, very daringly dressed, and by the way she was swaying on her seat, rather drunk. But then again, so was I.

“Hey there cutie,” She said, placing a hand on my arm. I flinched at her touch.

“Erm… hi.” I replied, feeling bad.

“What do you say we go somewhere a little more… private?” she said, with a wink. I shook my head, and smiled. “Sorry, we’re celebrating a year tonight.” I told her. She looked confused. I don’t know what came over me, but I turned and kissed Phil right on the lips.

His lips were soft and tasted slightly of strawberry, from the cocktail he had just been sipping. I felt his surprize melt away as the kiss dragged on for a few seconds and his arms snake onto my shoulders. I could have stayed there forever, in Phil’s warm arms. I forced myself to pull away, and flicked him a quick wink. I turned back to the girl, who was staring at me with a mixture of shock and disgust. I grinned and shrugged, grabbing Phil’s hand. “We’re going!” I said, pulling him out of the club.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hey there! Thanks for all the support, likes, votes and reads. DFTBA!! :D