I'm Ready

The party is surprisingly going well, I look around and see the boys downing shots and beers like they are the last thing on earth. Shaking my head I feel my man bun shift a little, dragging my hand up I notice I can still feel it in the right place. Soon I feel someone else next to me, I turn seeing my good mate Ed, "Hey Hazza..." he draws out and then says, "What's up?" I shrug my shoulders and bring the bottle of water to my lips. "Water huh?" He questions as I smile.
"Yeah." I answer.
"Mate you're whipped. Taylor has you so whipped." I turn and smile at him.
"It's called marriage and the fact that I love her enough to give up alcohol. Her and baby." He smiles at me and claps me on the back, "I'm proud of you Harry. Five years ago this would have been your life." I glance around and nod.
"I know, but now I'm a married man and my wife is pregnant." Ed sniggers. "What?" I question. He shakes his head. "Nothing, just you guys worked fast." I smiled and looked down. Little did everyone know it was from before the wedding. Our little session in our music room in Nashville. Grinning I said, "We do. I better call her." I walked outside to the cool New York air and went to pull my phone out.

Seeing it was only 4.00pm in Nashville while it was 8.00pm here but then my phone rang and it was Taylor. "Hello." I picked up with an excited voice.
"Hello." Karlie's voice calls on the other end. I frown,
"Hey Karlie, can I talk to Tay?" she goes quiet.
"Uhm Harry I don't know how to say this but Taylor's here in the hospital." My heart dropped.
"Why? Is she okay? Is baby okay?" Millions of words flew out of my mouth but they all stopped when Karlie said, "She lost it Harry." My heart shattered. "The doctor told us these things can happen but..." I interrupted her and said I would be there in four hours. Hanging up the phone panic set into my throat. Our baby was gone, Taylor was in hospital. Springing into action I called the security guys we took with us when we travelled. "Hey Paul, I need to go to the airport its urgent." He confirmed he was five minutes away and I sprinted back to the party. Dragging Ed away I said, "I have to go..."
"What! Why?" he whined. I looked him dead in the eye.
"Taylor miscarried in Nashville." His eyes found mine as mine began to blur, arms wrapped around me as he pulled me in, "It'll be okay Harry, go to her." I wiped my eyes and sprinted outside where Paul was arriving. "Airport." He nodded and five hours later I was sprinting through Nashville airport. Rushing to a taxi I said, "Vanderbilt hospital and if you make it in the next ten minutes I'll give you two hundred dollars." The man looked at me and nodded and we were there in seven. Throwing the money at him I sprinted towards the hospital. Rushing in I saw Karlie and Andrea sitting they jumped up when I rushed over. "Where is she? She okay?" I threw every question at them before my eyes blurred again and Andrea pulled me into her. "Shush, she's okay Harry. She's waiting for you." I pulled away and Karlie hugged me. "I'm so sorry Harry." I nodded and Andrea told me room 410. I walked down the hall and paused before entering.

Opening the door almost tore my heart out. In a tiny bed in the middle of the room was my wife. Her blonde hair spread on the pillow because she was turned on her side. I didn't say anything, I knew she was awake and just facing the window waiting for someone to tell her it was all a bad dream. My heart sank knowing how excited she had been for this baby. We counted ourselves lucky because we were almost at five months but things happen. I watched as Taylor was almost off the other side of the bed, I kicked off my boots and lay behind her. Wrapping my arms around her now slender frame I felt her break, tears began to fly and drip onto our connected hands. "Shush baby, it's okay. I'm here now." I said into her hair as she rolled over and pushed herself into me. It was heart breaking as we lay there knowing that my wife wanted one thing and that was our baby and now because of fate or sheer dumb luck she was now childless after five months. I pushed my hand under her chin and made her look at me. Her blue eyes were shiny because of the tears. "We can try again." I said as her face broke again. She nodded and then went back to my chest as all I could do was hug her tight. Four months past and Taylor slowly recovered. Sometimes her smile didn't quite reach her eyes and it was days like that I knew I couldn't leave her alone. Things had been messed up for a while, we had left the room that we had set aside for the nursery closed. Her mom had put all the baby things we had collected in the room and we just shut the door. It was hard to know that we would have had a baby by now and I think that's what gets us the most. The fact that she would be nine months pregnant or just giving birth any day but today was different.

I woke up before Taylor but pulled her closer to me, pressing my lips to her temple as I felt her wake slowly. Her blue eyes seemed more alert today but it could have been wishful thinking. "I want to see Harry." I looked down at her. "See what baby?" I questioned.
"The room." I smiled and nodded as I pulled back the covers and sat us up. Climbing out of bed I threw on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt while Taylor pulled on her cardigan that was like her robe. I found her cute when she wore it. "Ready?" I questioned her as her hand found mine. She nodded and we walked down the hallway to the room, standing in front of the door made the last few months seem real. I looked at Taylor and she nodded as my hand reached out and grasped the door knob. Together we pushed open the door and were greeted by the wallpapered jungle theme we had decided to go with, it was gender neutral being white and we like it a lot. The crib was still boxed up because I hadn't had time to do it before I went to New York that time but I had installed the rocking chair, looking at it I notice all the gifts that we had been given before the miscarriage happened and Andrea had just put them all in here. I felt Taylor move from my side and walk towards the chair. She turned and said, "This was where I was that day..." my mind blanked as I walked towards her. "Oh, I didn't know."
"I know Harry. I would like to try again," my eyes met hers as I sent her a questioning look. "I'm ready to try again." I smiled her a wide smile that I knew hadn't been around for months.
"Okay baby. Let's try again." She smiled and came and cocooned herself into my arms, we both took a deep breath and looked around the room silently promising each other that we would bring a baby home to this room.