Chapter Seven

Quinn grunted and tried to move her body. Her head felt heavy and throbbed.
Her eyes were open, but her vision was blurry.
The car had fallen down a ditch, and because of the angle, it rocked back and forth slightly. Not enough to topple over again, but enough to cause that small heart drop.
When her vision became more clear, she noticed she was upside down!
She unbuckled her seatbelt and plummeted down on the roof of the car. The car behind her had their headlights shining right at her, so Quinn crawled out through the window and shielded herself behind the car.
She didn't know what to do. Technically she was at fault for her crash- again- but she still feared the person. They'd been following her for a while now, and now they were stopped, only a little ways away.
Her vision was still blury. Her body hurt to touch all over. Her fingers trembled from the adrenaline, and blood trickled down her skin onto the ground.
On one hand, at least she was conscious this time.
Quinn heard the other person shut their door and start walking towards her.
She clenched her eyes shut, hoping that when she opened them again this would all be a dream. But when she opened them she was proven wrong. Knelt down in front of her was Jared. He wore a grimacing smile and let his head hang to the side. He was only a mere few inches away from her face.
Quinn gasped and backed further into the car.
"What do you want?" Quinn desperately demanded.
Jared chuckled beneath his breath. "To scare you. Cause you the same pain you caused me so long ago?"
"Jared, I was a teenager, I wasn't mature back then. Things are different now. I'd never do that to you now," Quinn said.
He shook his head in disbelief.
"You delusional cur. Being a teenager doesn't make you less responsible. In fact, I'd argue that teenagers are more knowledgeable and responsible than most adults. Because teenagers can actually apologise, whereas adults don't acknowledge their mistakes."
Quinn placed a hand on her chest and slightly leaned forward. "I have acknowledged my mistakes! I know I fucked up, but I can't change anything now. So why are you doing this now and not back then?"
"Who knows," he shrugged off.
Quinn kept quiet. She focused on Jared, and she focused on his body language.
He reached into his back pocket and pulled out something black.
"You were looking for this earlier, weren't you?" he said, waving Quinn's phone in front of her face.
"Where did you get that from?" Quinn asked, trying to snatch it out of his hand, but he pulled it away from her.
"Your house. You really should make sure all your windows are locked."
Quinn's back was tightly pressed against the car. The longer they sat there, the more her body flared up and felt like she had several broken bones. She knew she didn't, but it felt like it.
"What are you going to do to me?" she wondered. There was a crack in her voice.
Jared sighed. He dropped her phone and closed his eyes. When he opened his eyes, Jared looked at Quinn. He examined her face, mostly her eyes.
Releasing another long breath, he stood up.
"Wait right here," he said and walked away.
Quinn didn't have any intentions of going any where. She knew she wouldn't be able to stand up without walking like a drunken person.
She heard Jared walk down the ditch, taking heavier steps than before.
He came back holding a bucket. He dropped It infront of Quinn then sat back down, with his arm resting on the bucket.
"You really fucked me up, you know? Made my life so much worse. You really were just the cherry on top," he said through his teeth.
"I'm sorry-"
"Do you think horrible people are ever forgiven for their crimes?"
Quinn looked back and forth between Jared's eyes.
"What?" she asked.
"I guess. Pope John Paul II forgave the person who tried to assassinate him. But should he have been forgiven?"
"What are you talking about?" There was a quiver in Quinn's tone.
Jared leaned in. "Do you think you should be forgiven?"
"Yes, please!" Warm tears started to fall down her cheeks. "Just don't hurt me."
Jared seemed slightly offended by Quinn's plea.
"I never had any intention of hurting you. I don't believe in that. Because I had to put up with that for so long. But you, my friend, I don't mind mentally harming a little," he sneered.  Jared stood up with the bucket. He took of the lid, throwing it to the side.
"You should be glad I'm not as violent as you were back in school," he said, tipping the liquid a over Quinn.
It was slushie, red slushie. The one Quinn despised because it always stained your hair.
It was cold, so very cold.
Quinn didn't make a sound though. To be honest, she just accepted it. This was something plenty of people probably wanted to do to her. So she allowed for Jared to do so.
When the bucket was empty, Jared tossed it aside.
"Don't ever cross my path again," he bitterly said. "Also, you might want to call a mechanic. Your car is kinda upside down."
Quinn didn't say anything.
"Aight, cya. Have a good night," Jared said and walked off. He hopped into his car and sped away.
Quinn only assumed he wanted to scare her the way she scared him. She rested her head on the car and contemplated everything that had just happened.
Sure, this was probably police worthy, but after hearing Jared talk, she didn't really want to get him into trouble. She felt prison was a bit excessive. Though she was sure other people would say otherwise.
Slowly, Quinn rose to her feet, using the car for support. She turned on her phone and called the mechanic. If she was going to deal with any police, that could wait. Right now, she just wanted to go home, fall asleep and pray that when she woke up, she'd be told she'd woken from a coma, and then this bad dream would finally end.
But if she did wake up from a coma, it had Quinn wondering. What if all of this was a prediction for the future if she didn't change her ways?
She knew she wasn't, but it was a thought that lingered in the back of her mind.

☜☆☞

Several days passed by, and in those days Quinn hadn't left her couch. Her body was sore all over from the crash- the crash that she blamed herself for. A part of her started to wonder just how much an arsehole she was to Jared. She remembers being rude, and awful to him, but clearly she was way worse than she remembers. She started to wish she could go back in time and witness everything through Jared's perspective. Then she'd really know how horrible of a person she was.
Although there was a valuable lesson Quinn learned: What goes around, comes around. Whether it be worse or not, it will come back to bite you in the arse.

The End.