𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅. (𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘰)

Narration by Dean.

1 day ago.

When Josiah left the parking lot, I also got into my own car and left the station's premises. I drove my car back home with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on my lap. I preferred driving with one hand than 2 anyway, Josiah mostly drove with 2 hands but was still a horrible driver.

I wondered if Aria was off from work and I could get time with her to myself. She's always busy with work or something. I wish we could just have a weekend for ourselves. Not to mention the gifts I have been sending her when I can't see her, I called it a "make-up" gift because if I can't be with her I can at least make up for my absence but it seemed like she didn't do the same

But whatever, I'll still give her anything, I love that woman. We have been dating for 2 years and 8 months now. Ever since the first day I met her, I never regretted having her by my side. Sometimes, when we fought, I wouldn't be able to fall asleep because of the shit we say to each otherbut c'mon, we're in love. We can't get mad at each other for more than 2 days.

When I arrived home, I went straight into the shower and stayed there for a while, procrastinating on doing literally anything, especially texting Aria, because half of me knows that she won't be free. "Is she cheating?... No, she couldn't. She loves me." I said.

I wore my black sweatpants and a white vest and went to sit outside in my backyard and drank some ice tea flavoured with honey and cinnamon. Josiah preferred ice tea that was flavoured with blueberry and honey. He had more of a sweet tooth than I did.

Although we both enjoyed spicy food, maybe because Hispanic and Asian foods have a lot of spice in them. So when it came to having dinner,lunch, or breakfast together, we never fought over it. "Tell me you have a best friend without telling me you have one." I rolled my eyes and smiled.

After drinking my ice tea, I went over to the pool and stood looking at my phone and I told myself that I will text her but all the courage I gathered almost disappeared but this was my girlfriend, "Fuck it." Even though it was in the middle of the week, I had to see her.

It's been a while since we last saw each other, maybe 2 weeks? and not gonna lie it's driving me insane. She loves her job, but not more than me, so I doubt she would be working all this time. She loves time off and being with her friendsor maybe even me, but I guess not right now.

I saw the 'typing' icon on her contact that was pinned at the top of my messenger, other than her Josiah was pinned second. When Aria answered, she said, "Sorry baby, I have to stay at the station for tonight, and I can't leave, maybe next time." I looked at the text and read it like 3 times, and I just put my phone away.

I knew she had to sleep at the fire station sometimes, maybe because she was the best lieutenant thereI respect thatI always do.

Throughout the evening, I eliminated any thoughts about Aria and wondered why Josiah hadn't called me or texted about the case. He always does when there's a case. I was getting a little worried, but he could take care of himself anyway.

The present.

Narration by the Author.

"Sanchez?" Josiah called out to his partner, "Yeah what?" Dean answered. "Youre blacking out, come back to earth." Josiah said as he looked back at his laptop on his desk.

"I'm sorry, what do you need?" Dean asked, taking off his glasses from his face, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "My theory that Matt was framed by someone." Josiah stated. "What do you propose we do?" Dean asked.