𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲. (𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘰)

Narration by Josiah.

It was a cold, still morning, the air outside was picking and calming down. And I had to get to work at 8:30AM. Mila and I had a fight the day before, so she decided to go back to campus dorms and not to stay here. I can never win with her, we always fought about something and when we're not fighting we're having sex. It's just toxic as it can be, but I could never let go of her. Some part of me loves her.

I woke up at 5AM and went to my home Gym in my house and started punching my free standing punching bag, over and over again. The sweat dripped off my face as hair stuck onto my forehead, the only thought that was in my head was work. I love my job. Dean and I are probably the best detectives this city could ever have. Florida might seem like a calm, innocent city. But the darkness that lurks in the city is inevitable and scary, that someone so innocent and not trained, would end up killing themselves after experiencing the tenebrosity of Florida.

I got out of the shower and started picking out and wore my outfit for the day. I took my car keys and started leaving my house, after locking it up, I got into my prime green matte Mercedes-Benz AMG GT 63 S. I started the engine and drove out of my drive way and left my house just like that and I'll see it in another 8 hours or more.

At the FDLE Station.

I got into the station, greeted the receptionist who has been trying to get in my bed ever since she started working here. I walked into my office shared with Dean. It had 1 big window with blinds covering it, our desks were on either sides facing each other, We never shared our office with anyone else. We are the dream team so why should we even share? Hope and Scarlett had their own office too probably the exact same as ours. Then Delilah has her own, she's been here longer and she is a good detective but still not the best, she never had a partner, yes she would get paired up with someone but she loved solo work.

Noah and Jude work in the medical department sector which was on the 2nd floor of the station. Carlos and Haejin worked on the 3rd floor at the technical department sector. The detectives were on the first floor as the Forensics/Coroners were on the 2nd floor, The IT specialists were on the 3rd floor, Although sometimes it differed. We were basically all a team, although we all still competed, usually Me and Dean vs Scarlett and Hope, Who had the better cases, who would find the suspect first, who are the best gunmen, who is the best undercover. Me and Dean only lost 3 times and those times were just us not trying our best. We were all just one big family.

"Morning Sanchez." I said to Dean who was sitting on his chair, legs on his desk and while he looked at his phone.

"Choi. How are you?" He asked without taking his eyes off his phone.

"Besides going to work in cold weather, I guess I'm okay." I scoffed and took a seat on my chair.

"You know what you need?" He said as he sat up and put his phone on the table and looked at me.

"If you mention sex or beer, I'll roundhouse kick you into the next room." I hissed and leaned back on my chair.

His smile dropped.

"Fine then...Maybe a case will?" He mentioned, he knew work would make me feel better.

"In your 26 years of life, you finally said something worth my time." I grinned and looked at him.

"I always make sense, the only problem is that you're boring as hell." He rolled his eyes and kept looking at his phone.

"Fuck you." I said.

We continued talking until I got a phone call from Jude. I picked it up, hoping it was something worthwhile.

"Hey daddy." Jude said on the other line. Jude was that gay extrovert best friend that everyone needed after a hard, depressing day, he could make you smile even in a serious situation and his the right guy if you need someone to party with.