𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻. (𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘰)

Narration by the Author.

After I left Carlos after driving him to the edge, I went back to my own office. Josiah sat there and he didn't even look up when I got there.

I sat in my chair and looked at the reports about our case that we made and I sat there thinking how we're going to figure this one out.

I looked up at Josiah and saw that his hair was messy and I've always known about his habit to rub his hair in a frustrated manner.

He seemed to be struggling with what he was busy with and I'm starting to guess leaving him alone was a bad idea.

I put on my glasses and looked at the reports after staring at my partner for like a whole minute. He must really be frustrated, he would usually notice if I stare at him.

"...Jocelyn." Josiah murmured. He rubbed his hair and leaned back on the chair and let out a sigh of frustration. Josiah looked at me and I looked back at him.

"What?" I asked. He didn't answer me but he just kept looking, it drove me nuts when he did that shit, he always looks sort of psychopathic. He smirked.

"Stop that shit." I said in my deep voice. "Did you think of anything?" He finally asked. "Or maybe you were to busy sucking di-"

"I dare you to finish that sentence." I said. "What? that you were busy sucking dick and couldn't help me?" Josiah said and I rolled my eyes.

"Why do you always need us to be in the same room Choi?" I asked. "Did you find anything or not?" He asked me. "No I didn't, but it seems like we're on the same pitstop." I shrugged.

"Did you eat anything? you look pale as fuck." I mentioned and he just looked at the window. "I'll eat after I solve this." Josiah answered. "No wonder you can't figure anything out, you haven't eaten." I said.

"I know my body best so I can do this without a meal." Josiah said. "Do what you want Choi, it's your funeral." I mutter.

"Bet you would love to see me dead." Josiah slyly smiled. "You fantasize death a lot." I say. "You do too." Josiah added. "Well great we both have the same kink then." I sarcastically said.

Josiah stared at me and we both laughed. "You're dumb." He said, "Well we both will be if we don't solve this case." I mutter.

We keep silent and in the silence we pitch in ideas for the case but none of them seem to be working out.

"It's two PM, I think you should go get some food." I say to him. "I'm not hungry." He said and I was actually getting irritated by him and I took my phone.

"Tell me what food you want, I'll get it for you." I said in a deep demanding voice. "Sanchez please just-" He looked up at me and he could tell I wasn't joking.

"Are we going to do this right now?" He asked in a calm voice. "I have a feeling that you won't eat even when you're home, then you'll start having insomnia." , "So I'm going to get us food." I said scrolling through uber eats.

"Fine...Just order me something healthy." Josiah said. "Don't you think you should get something with fats? you didn't eat the whole day." I ask.

"This amazing body is not easy to maintain." Josiah chuckled. "Brown rice and fried fish?" I asked him. "That would actually be great." He smiled at me and I looked back at my phone and chose white rice with gravy and steak.

We forgot about the orders and we continued working and exchanging words and we heard a knock on the door.

The receptionist gave us our food and we immediately started eating. "I should let you talk me into eating a few more times." Josiah said and I just chuckled.