Chapter Nine

Alandra laid on top of her bed.

Her mind wandered, in no particular direction but just away.

She changed from her sleeping clothes into a loose shirt and pants. She stuck her head out of the door.

" Louis? You out there?"

The blond vampire appeared and smiled.

" Who me?"

" Yes you. Do you want to come in?"

He turned his head slightly and arched an eyebrow.

" Who me? How scandalous. Vampire servant in the chambers of the bride to be. "

Alandra snorted. " Not like that you pig."

She opened the door further to let him in. The vampire stepped in. He right away made himself at home by laying on her bed and propping himself up on his elbow.

" So, what do you wish to converse about? That wonderful new dress? What Marscha said to Miriam in the kitchen? The scandal-"

"No!" She hit him with a pillow.

He stole the pillow and put it under his head.

" Violent little princess."

She flopped over. "Can you stop calling me that?"

Louis shook his head.

" No way. Princess."

A frown covered her lips. Louis pulled at a string on the pillow.

"Why are you here Louis?"

He arched an eyebrow. " I would believe it would be because you asked me to be."

" That's not what I meant. Why are you here in this castle? Serving under Dracula."

A bitter look crossed his features.

" Ah, that question. Well you might want to get quite comfortable."

Alandra sat forwards on the bed and trained her attention on him. He sat up, criss crossing his legs he put the pillow in his lap.

" It started when I was first turned. You are aware of the process, yes?"

Alandra nodded.

" I was turned by Dracula himself. So I have a special connection to the bastard." He paused gauging her reaction. She simply stared ahead.

He smiled and continued.

" I had no idea what had happened to me. One moment I was walking to a dinner party the next, I am dinner. He told me he would guide me, he was going to take me in. Little did I know what I was and that he was the one that made me what I was." He paused.

" He ruined my life Alandra," that was the first time he had ever said her name.

" He gave me a new one full of death. He soon stoped trusting me, he made me a servant to him. I would try to leave, only to eventually wander back again. I was lost, in away I still am. "

Alandra leaned back.

" I'm sorry to hear that. "

A bitter grin landed on his lips, she stared at his gold eyes they appeared to have so much depth in them.

He sat up right throwing his legs over the side off the bed.

"Good night princess."

" Good night Louis."

He walked away, closing the door gently behind him.