1.The birth of a mother

Kunti was so elated when the sage durvasa had blessed her with a boon . He had taught her a mantra that could ivoke any god of her choice to provide her with a son . Out of curiosity the naive teen had decided to test the mantra secretly . she went alone to the pond that was located at the centre of the forest that surrounded the palace at one side . It was early morning and everyone were sleeping , she had carefully sneaked out from palace escaping from the eyes of the guards .

Kunti sat on the deepest steps of the pond and her hands played in the cold water while she was pondering over the thought of choosing a god to test the mantra that the old sage had taught her .

Her mind was filled with her favourite deities , the trimurthy's .

Brahma : The creator

Vishnu : The preserver and protector

Shiva : The destroyer

Then it suddenly occured to her about something that her grandmother had told a her few years back when she used to narrate stories to her before bed

Then it suddenly occured to her about something that her grandmother had told a her few years back when she used to narrate stories to her before bed . At that time she had curiously asked her grandma about the origin of the universe , " If Gods had created us then who must have created them " she had asked her grandmother when the latter had told her that it was the gods who were responsible for the creations .

Her grandma had told her a story that she very vividly remembered to this day .

"
It is believed that before the beginning of the universe there was nothing but a vast ocean , An ocean made of the Immortal nectar . It is said that from that nectar a powerful being was born . That being is usually referred to as Shakti , Maya or even shrishti . It is believed that the universe was created when she was naively playing with her powers . Soon she began to understand her powers and the nature of her existence . It was she who had created the trimurthy's - Shiva , Vishnu and Brahma along with their consorts . Each god having unique power and role . It is said that she entered into a state of deep sleep after making sure that her creation was maintained by the gods that she had created and having assigned to each of them their respective roles . Bhrama was given the powers to create likewise Vishnu to preserve and Shiva to destroy "